Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck avenger 670cfm on a 400... any of you guys like the carb? how was it out the box kinda close? anyways any input id like to hear i just pulled the trigger on it acouple days ago.. thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You live at sea level so that's a plus.

Awesome carb.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Any brand new carb needs tweaked.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
I put a 770 truck avenger on my 460, And it was great right out of the box with no tweaking, Couldnt have been more happy with it,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am currently having that prob now with it falling on itsface directly after that thoe its very smooth going and does not have one ounce of prob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes I had a problem with the carb dying and coughing and spluttering at very low revs.Firstly it became obvious that my tired knackered manual fuel pump needed replacing and i went with a blue top holley electric pump. The carb behaved a lot better once it had a fuel pressure of about 6psi. Still not quite right and I fitted a different cam for the accelerator pump, one that dump a larger quantity of fuel in one hit rather than less for a longer period.
I then pulled the motor and rebuilt it with high comp pistons port and flowed heads big cam etc and it started to play up again so I fitted a 50cc accelerator pump and though the truck is not back on the road yet it seems to be running really well.
If I remember correctly the cam that came with the carb from new had two different setting and imo the carb is hungry from stationary or low revs and the larger,shorter duration (the taller spike profile) shot of fuel via the accelerator pump the more they like it.
Hope this may help you, it worked for me and I live at sea level by the way, cheers:beer

P.S Forgot to mention that I changed the squirter nozzle for (I think) a 0.041" and hollow squirter nozzle screw.As I've already said that my trucks not back on the road yet but it revs really crisp and hard with no hesitation from tick over to wide open throttle.I also fitted the carb with an1" heat resistant carb spacer because I think there may have been some fuel evaporation issues rather than the alley one that was on there.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Most carbs have the wrong PV installed form the factory.

Rule is have vaccum at idle measured:

So 20" you need 9.5"

Have seen as low s 6.5" in new carbs.

Also having it tuned a dyno is a good idea to see the big picture.

·
Registered
54 Posts
has anyone had any problems with the 670 at 200 rpm's with it falling on its face?
I changed alot on my 670 because I was having the same problems. I changed the acc pump cam,the acc squirter and rejetted both prime and secondary jets. Its running better but it still needs work. As far as good out of the box I have to say no way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts