Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 xlt. and it dies sometimes when i put it in gear. i think it is a vacumee leak, but i cannot find it to save my life. is this a symptome of a vacumee leak or fuel pump or what?? Its getting frustrating!!!:banghead

any ideas??

·
Registered
145 Posts
welllll, have you checked for an CEL codes? if the light isnt on you may still have codes. check that first. to check for a vaccuum leak, LIGHTLY spray some throttle body cleaner or starter fluid around vaccuum areas. this symptom can be cause by a few things. do some diagnosing first.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
if you think its fuel related try hooking up a fuel guage to the fuel rail and see what the pressure is. Sounds more like a vacuum leak thought. Check all your vacuum lines and make sure there are none that are cracked or rotted out. one spot I would check is the line coming from the valve cover and folow it past the pcv and to the vacum t's. I had a ranger that had issues runing and it turned out to be a cracked linefor the pcv. Or with the engine running try spraying the vacuum lines with some starting fluid, but do it a little at a time so you dont start a fire and get ahead of your self.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ive also read something about the filter in the tranny dropping and causing stalling when shifting. i dunno all the facts on this one though but, if it's not a vac leak look into that.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
heres and idea... vacumee is spelled -vacuum- and symptome is spelled -symptom-
Yup. And "heres and idea... vacumee" should be "Here's an idea... Vacumee" :goodfinge

ive also read something about the filter in the tranny dropping and causing stalling when shifting. i dunno all the facts on this one though but, if it's not a vac leak look into that.
Yes, if the filter drops it can cause stalling when shifting into gear. This is usually the case when shifting into reverse, but can also happen in other gears. If the truck is running fine, but is only stalling when going from park into gear, pull codes to make sure there is nothing else wrong then drop the pan and check the filter. They make filter clips to keep this from happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts