Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get really aggrivated when i get cut off, cussed at, and just get screwed while on the road. I'm thinking about buying some horns off of ebay.
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-Dual-Air-Horns-Complete-KiT-Super-Loud-135db_W0QQitemZ7211756457QQcategoryZ64657QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm also thinking about buying 2 sets of these... just to be really obnoxious.
do these seem like they would work rather well?

Now, my real question is that i want to have these horns go off when i press the horn button on my steering wheel, but when i press the lock button on my keyless entry remote twice, i want it to just sound the factory horn like usual. Can anyone help me with this? can it be done with ease?
thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can't see the Ebay ad here from work...but I think I know what you're talking about. I still have the factory horn there, but have a "large" airhorn mounted in the Bronco engine compartment as well. I use it with a toggle switch right on the steering column...I had it nounted on the dash, but I kept hitting it with my knees. I LIKE it ALOT. It is a marine air horn and damn its loud!....don't know how legal it is...

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both for your help... i like the train horn a lot, but i dont want to spend that kind of money... but i guess having it on the dash is good, thanks...

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
The horns you posted first Seven, I ran some exactly like that (but not identical) on my S-10 Blazer. As soon as I have the spare cash, Im going to get another set.

They are not trucker horns or diesel train horns, but they are pretty DAMN loud, a LOT louder than stock horns. My trupets were under the HOOD and still made people jump if I caught them by suprise! I plan on mounting the trumpts more towards the grill or something this time.

Id get them, they will do you just fine! :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts