Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my TPS knocked out today, along with cleaning the idle air control... i put the new tps in just like the write up said... i didnt full up the whole IAC chamber with carb/throttle body cleaner, and now that everythings back together. i start my truck and it idles around 800rpm(was at 650 before this.), and it runs like COMPLETE SHIT. its sputtering, bogging down, almost stalling out on me.. ill punch the gas.. and it will just sit there, or bog down...

i have access to a code puller, i think its a O-- II. or something. im not sure if it will work for my truck, but if it does, do you think this problem will come up in the codes if i maybe installed something wrong? any suggestions as to what the problem could be guys i need some advice

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Verify the TPS is actually working like it's supposed to, and check your wiring harness. Mebbe your IAC's integrity is questionable, but that wouldn't cause the engine to crap-out when you punch it. Pull codes with a paper clip and a test light.

Search on these! Every one of these has been talked about several times.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i searched but didnt find anything on the truck running worse after the fix

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone, anyone?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I wasnt having any idle problems, but my bko still had its original IAC on there from 89. So I cleaned it and has never worked since. I just took it off last weekend and cleaned it again, still doesnt work. Now i need a new IAC that wasnt messed up to begin with:doh0715:

Try unplugging the IAC, if the problem goes away its the IAC.

I have mine unplugged right now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it doesnt have this problem when its idling.. it idles just fine now.... and in park it revs up powerfully and sounds great(besides the leaky exhaust manifold)... i just took it for a spin and its QUITE OBVIOUSLY running on 4 or 6 cylinders. it wont go any faster than 45 mph and the whole truck is really shakey.... ACTUALLY THIS MAY BE IT... when i was putting the IAC back onto the throttle body after cleaning it, i noticed there was a bracket that goes on one of the bolts... POSSIBLY FOR A GROUND??? ive heard stories about people loosing a ground and messing theyr vehicles up pretty bad, my friends truck did this a while back.. he lost a ground and it started to run on only 4 cylinders.. anyone? if there is a ground that is supposed to go there, this makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this SHOULD be in emergency help because my truck sounds like its gonna explode.. anyone?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
elemen0hpey said:
this SHOULD be in emergency help because my truck sounds like its gonna explode.. anyone?
either forum will suffice. but meet us half way, extract your codes. it is super easy and will help with diagnosis. also, make sure you didn't knock your plug wires loose while you were working.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got it figured out, i mislkabeled spark plug wires, i thought the 1 went where the 4 is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts