Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...any ideas?

EDIT:
I appologize for brief description. Let me elaborate in depth. I drove my truck today and parked it in the driveway, an incline, when i got home. I went inside for about 15 minutes. I came back outside to head to the gym and my truck started just fine. It sputtered for a split second as soon as it tried to kick over, then it started right up fine. Later i got home and i parked in the driveway again. This time i went inside for an hour and when i came back out...NOTHING. No lights, no radio, no startsie. I put it in neutral and rolled out of the driveway to put it along the street so my wife can park in the driveway. FIRST OFALL, broncos are hard to push by yourself...note toself.

I left it on flatland for about 20 minutes and then tried to start it up. Started up perfectly. Nothing wrong after that. All power worked, truck drove with no problems. Now i am just trying to figure out why is wouldn't start or receive power on an incline. I check the battery and there wasn't any loose wires or connections.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put more than $5 worth of gas in the tank.
i appologize for the brief descrption...what i mean is that i have absolutely NO POWER let alone juice to start the truck.

No dome light, no radio, nothing, once i get it off an incline, i.e. out of the drive way, it starts up no problem and all the electrical works

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
don't park on a incline :doh0715:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about a bad inertia switch? That's the thingie that shuts the fuel pump off in the case of a rollover.

but would that make it so i wouldn't receive any power to anything at all...

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
I'm sorry I couldn't help it. sounds like a loose wire or maybe you have a fuse link or fuse that is on the fritz.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Loose battery terminal cable. Clearly, gravity isn't your friend...
well i checked again. but there wern't loose. I guess i just have to wait and see when it happens again.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Maybe your ignition switch is loose.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loose battery terminal cable. Clearly, gravity isn't your friend...
you are right. I had the same issue execpt this time i wasn't on an incline. I was parked in a parking lot and i when to start the truck. It tried to start but then just died. I left the truck on, even though there wasn't any power, popped the hood and grabbed the positive terminal cable. It moved like it wasn't even tighten. The weird thing is that the bolt wouldn't tighted any more. Looks ike i need to go to autozone and pick up some new cable terminals.

Thank you to everybody for you help.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Now i am just trying to figure out why is wouldn't start or receive power on an incline. I check the battery and there wasn't any loose wires or connections.
Just curious- did you actually check the cables and terminals when you updated your original post or just said that you did hoping someone would go another diagnostic route?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious- did you actually check the cables and terminals when you updated your original post or just said that you did hoping someone would go another diagnostic route?
haha...yes i did

i have to get a wrench to take off the positive terminal and then i put it back on

1 - 17 of 17 Posts