Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, maybe not an extravaganza. I won't have a band, or music, or raffle, or anything else.:toothless

::WARNING::

There will be JEEPS there. :goodfinge :beer

::END WARNING::

I'm just going to Truckhaven for the April Fools Weekend (3/31 - 4/2), and anyone who wants to come is welcome.

THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED RUN. I'll be heading out to find notches on Saturday morning. Anyone who wants to tag along is welcome to follow. I have no set time that I'm heading out. Dinner will be at no specific time. In fact, my plans for dinner are exclusively geared around going to SuperBurger for a nice cheeseburger dinner.:thumbup

I AM NOT TRAIL BOSS. :goodfinge I may or may not be in front. If I see something interesting, I may just stop dead and back up (so don't follow too closely[;)]). If, at any time you are not happy with where I'm going or what notches I'm choosing, feel free to yell "You're FIRED" over the CB and jump in front. It is expected, however, if you do this, you have to step it up a notch or two...:goodfinge

This may just possibly be the most unorganized non-event that's ever been put up as an event.:rockon

I have only ONE requirement for my runs: If you're gonna camp, bring wood! Please. Big campfires are fun!:drinkbud

I'm gonna try to camp right on top of TDS registration. I'll be heading out Friday afternoon and plan on getting there before it gets dark. Saturday morning, I usually get up around 7. We putz around for about an hour, hour and a half, and then when enough people get motivated, we head out. Sometimes, not everyone goes at the same time. Sometimes, people come back early. Doesn't matter. But...

If you don't tell me you're coming, don't be surprised if we're not in camp when you get there on Saturday morning (hint: I haven't been able to sleep past dawn in 7 years...):goodfinge

I have no requirements for lifts, lockers, tire sizes or type of vehicle. If you want to wheel your Camry, I'll be glad to drag it around the desert.:duh

In short, this is an all-hands, everyone's invited, come on out and thrash on your junk kind of run.:beer

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Hmmm... May just have to tell my pops about this one. If he can't maybe I'll go.

Can bronco's fit? Superstition was a little narrow

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crawler said:
Hmmm... May just have to tell my pops about this one. If he can't maybe I'll go.

Can bronco's fit? Superstition was a little narrow
You'll be fine. T-haven is unique...there are bypasses for just about everything. If you don't like the way something looks, just go around.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's across from Salton City, about 30 miles South of Indio on Hwy 86. It's about 2 - 2 and a half hours from W. Covina.

To get there, take the 10 East to Hwy 86s in Indio. Head south. Go for about 35 miles to North Marina Dr. in Salton City and turn right. Head in until the road turns to dirt. From that point, continue another 1/2 mile or so. You'll pass between two small hills. Once you pass those you'll drop down and cross a wash. On the right is a big flat area. That's where we'll be.

I don't mind if you come for the day, but see my disclaimer....Leaving early is always good. I'll be monitoring CB channel 32.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
:banghead Dammit

I have the frieken SAT that weekend. Won't be able to make it. But going to Superstition the next weekend:thumbup

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I'm gonna shoot for Saturday just for a day run. Mind if I drop my box of spares at your camp for the day? Don't like to carry the weight, but like the added security. May bring along one of my stock Jeep buddies. Hopefully Kuss will chime in. I want to see his rig in action since I missed him at TDS.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yikesbb said:
I'm gonna shoot for Saturday just for a day run. Mind if I drop my box of spares at your camp for the day? Don't like to carry the weight, but like the added security. May bring along one of my stock Jeep buddies. Hopefully Kuss will chime in. I want to see his rig in action since I missed him at TDS.
No problem, that's what camp is for.:thumbup

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im trying to find a tow bar to hook the bronco to the motorhome if i find one or get a trailer by then im in.Ill bring the whole damn family and a couple of buddies and there rigs.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts