Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,008 Posts
"The second owner bought it and it has been under a cover since 1995."

"Truck gets started and driven every couple months."

That sounds mildly contradictory, or at the very least, poorly worded.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Am I mistaken in thinking those running boards weren't year correct for a 94?

Also, this looks like a newer less used version of what my truck aspires to be again! I drive a 93 EB with the same colors. Pretty glad I have the cloth seats though. On anything but a showroom truck the leather wouldn't have held up as good.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,936 Posts
Am I mistaken in thinking those running boards weren't year correct for a 94?

Also, this looks like a newer less used version of what my truck aspires to be again! I drive a 93 EB with the same colors. Pretty glad I have the cloth seats though. On anything but a showroom truck the leather wouldn't have held up as good.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Yo DD,
@StemCellResearch is selling his
1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer with low 163 miles for year. 5.0L V8, E4OD, Auto locking hubs, Keyless entry, remote start, with cab steps.
Compare his cab step pic to the $35,000.00 Despite my poor vision, they appear the same

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well I'd have to say I'd sell my '94 with 85 K for $35. Lol. The steps are aftermarket delectasheild. They also made big shields. I'd have to say the Radius arm bushings have been replaced as the brackets were riveted to the frame and these are bolted. This was common to save time and I recall the OE bushings being black, not blue. Nice rig, though. Very nice.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Sure, I'd sell my bronco for $xx,xxx but it's not worth it so no one would ever pay it.

Sweet bronco for sale. Regardless of "imperfections" like replaced bushings and brackets. Really, not many people would buy one that pristine. I wouldn't because I'd be scared to get it dirty.

·
Eric
2,552 Posts
Where is the axle ID tag on the front diff? Should be on the 8 o'clock bolt head, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Super Moderator
23,936 Posts
Where is the axle ID tag on the front diff? Should be on the 8 o'clock bolt head, if I'm not mistaken.
Yo Silver,
TSB 92-05-14 Front Axle Tag Publication Date: FEBRUARY 26, 1992
LIGHT TRUCK: 1985-90 BRONCO II
1985-92 BRONCO, F-150-350 SERIES, RANGER, 1991-92 EXPLORER
ISSUE: The 1991 and prior model front drive axles had identification information in the following three (3) places:
1. It was on a metal tag attached to a carrier cover mounting bolt.
2. It was stamped into the left side axle arm (tube) front face inboard of the U-Joint.
3. It was on a paper tape tag wrapped around the axle arm (tube).

The 1992 model year axles use a glue-on label that replaces all three of the prior identification markings. The new label is on the rear face of the right hand arm (tube).

Dana 44 in a 96 Bronco Front axle paper label is on the rear face of the passenger side hand tube. It shows as a 3.54 Open differential

Also on door jamb label for another 96

ID Tag Location pic in an 84

Source: by justshootme84 (Randy Z, Casual Mudder)

·
Eric
2,552 Posts
Yo Silver,
TSB 92-05-14 Front Axle Tag Publication Date: FEBRUARY 26, 1992
LIGHT TRUCK: 1985-90 BRONCO II
1985-92 BRONCO, F-150-350 SERIES, RANGER, 1991-92 EXPLORER
ISSUE: The 1991 and prior model front drive axles had identification information in the following three (3) places:
1. It was on a metal tag attached to a carrier cover mounting bolt.
2. It was stamped into the left side axle arm (tube) front face inboard of the U-Joint.
3. It was on a paper tape tag wrapped around the axle arm (tube).

The 1992 model year axles use a glue-on label that replaces all three of the prior identification markings. The new label is on the rear face of the right hand arm (tube).

Dana 44 in a 96 Bronco Front axle paper label is on the rear face of the passenger side hand tube. It shows as a 3.54 Open differential

Also on door jamb label for another 96
View attachment 153996

ID Tag Location pic in an 84
View attachment 153997
Source: by justshootme84 (Randy Z, Casual Mudder)
Gotcha. See, I was thinking it should've had a hard tag like in the last pic. I guess that got changed in later production years. I haven't seen a BKO with a paper label on the front axle yet. I've seen them on Explorers and Rangers, but not on a BKO. I thought that the hard tag missing was a sign that someone had been inside the front diff and lost/failed to replace the tag. Good info for the "knowledge base." Thanks Miesk!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,829 Posts
Gotcha. See, I was thinking it should've had a hard tag like in the last pic. I guess that got changed in later production years. I haven't seen a BKO with a paper label on the front axle yet. I've seen them on Explorers and Rangers, but not on a BKO. I thought that the hard tag missing was a sign that someone had been inside the front diff and lost/failed to replace the tag. Good info for the "knowledge base." Thanks Miesk!
My last Bronco had the paper tag on the front axle.

Boy you guys are really dissecting this truck out. Anyone notice the brake fluid looks like it has 200k miles on it? Shouldn't be THAT dirty....IT'S BLACK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts