Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ok my friend has a 93 FSB, and just put long tube headers on, then high flow cats, and glasspacks, and exited them before the rear wheels in the same set up 4WRB has in this picture. now when he starts it up it runs really rich, the cats turn cherry red, and he gets 2 ft flames popping out the tips, and it barely wants to run, hes gotta floor it to clear out all the extra gas or it just chokes itself. he put the o2 sensor before the cat on the pass. side. we all thought the problem was that it was just reading that its really lean because it was only on the pass side pipe. so he cut up some pipe and made an H pipe and ran the sensor right in the middle. didn;t cure the problem at all, it still flames out and turns the cats red, and dosn't want to run. and body got any ideas for what its runnin like sh*t?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Whats the codes???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
havn't checked codes, and how can a straight thru glasspack have an inlet or outlet lol, and the cats are punched out too

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Id start with codes..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Check all the vac lines and make sure they are on correctly,make sure the MAP sensor vac line is hooked up(MAP sensor is located up on the heater case).It is usually a 1/4 " black plastic line with rubber hose on each end,the engine end is hooked to the vac tree on the upper intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Didn't have flames or glowing anything but my 92 ran like $hit with duals. Make a y-pipe and put the 02 in the pass side header just before the flange. Run a single cat and muffler and single out the back.

No codes since and more power across the range.

Oh and buy a new O2 sensor. If your shooting flames the sensor is toast.:toothless

Hooker supercomps, catco cat and flow master with 2.5 in pipe.

·
Registered
605 Posts
hmm probably gotta pull codes....ive got no ECM cuz i made the mustang 5.0 carbed an just switched everything over, just shorty headers an hollowed cats an no O2's. i may have read wrong but you got high flow cats an still punched them out? seems like a waste.

Sounds like its still trying to dump more fuel to get rid of that lean mixture that its sensing from that one bank only being on one side. i dunno if rigging up your own H pipe would make a difference being that the exhaust is traveling such a short distance out, if its close to my set up. The way i see it, its still gonna read lean cuz its gonna go the quickest an easiest route out which would be straight on thru the to cherrys an only alittle bit would get diverted thru the H pipe, but thats just me. *it makes sense in my head at least* so with an O2 sensor it seems like youd probably just have to have the 2 join together at a Y pipe or something an have it at the union. but then again its not as cool afterwards.

mine pops too but cherry bombs are just like that plus my carb needs serious rebuilding an adjustments

ive got hooker supercomps also

im pretty sure thats your prob

*i just noticed thats my truck......look mom no E-Brake cables!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts