Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
First off - how many people knew nothing about Democrats proposing UNIVERSAL mail in voting for this year's election - trying to get it passed in the Corona Virus Stimulus package? How many people (a very small % of Americans who vote are actually on social media regularly) know the various cases brought by Judicial watch against multiple states with huge problems with outdated voter and absentee voter rolls?

And most importantly - and Trump knows this - EACH STATE controls their own election date....so there is that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off - how many people knew nothing about Democrats proposing UNIVERSAL mail in voting for this year's election - trying to get it passed in the Corona Virus Stimulus package? How many people (a very small % of Americans who vote are actually on social media regularly) know the various cases brought by Judicial watch against multiple states with huge problems with outdated voter and absentee voter rolls?

And most importantly - and Trump knows this - EACH STATE controls their own election date....so there is that.
and none of that excuses an elected individual, much less the Pres. floating such an idea such as postponing the election.

Reactions: drb75088

·
Registered
854 Posts
and none of that excuses an elected individual, much less the Pres. floating such an idea such as postponing the election.
You're missing my point. Think about it. The media hates Trump. So now they will BLAST This tweet everywhere. And people will start hearing about voter fraud. He can't delay the election is my point - and he knows that. He literally CAN'T do it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're missing my point. Think about it. The media hates Trump. So now they will BLAST This tweet everywhere. And people will start hearing about voter fraud. He can't delay the election is my point - and he knows that. He literally CAN'T do it.
I understand that he can do nothing to change the date. And I understand that he is likely 'floating' this idea to push the idea of potential voter fraud. I really don't give a rat's ass about his reasons however, he still floated the idea of blatantly disregarding federal law, and the one that is at the very bedrock of our nation. This is too dang close to what Putin pulled recently in Russia to extend his presidency beyond what the law allowed.

Reactions: drb75088

·
Registered
854 Posts
I understand that he can do nothing to change the date. And I understand that he is likely 'floating' this idea to push the idea of potential voter fraud. I really don't give a rat's ass about his reasons however, he still floated the idea of blatantly disregarding federal law, and the one that is at the very bedrock of our nation. This is too dang close to what Putin pulled recently in Russia to extend his presidency beyond what the law allowed.
You're missing the forest for the trees.
STATES control their own elections for POTUS. He literally CANNOT do this. Watch how the discussion about mail in voter fraud explodes now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're missing the forest for the trees.
STATES control their own elections for POTUS. He literally CANNOT do this. Watch how the discussion about mail in voter fraud explodes now.
you are completely missing what I have said. I am well aware that HE cannot do anything about this. I am well aware who WHO can. That's not the problem. Even floating the idea, throwing it out there, regardless of what his actual intents is, is a problem. I have a serious problem with an elected official even mentioning the idea, whether they can do anything about it or not.

·
Registered
854 Posts
you are completely missing what I have said. I am well aware that HE cannot do anything about this. I am well aware who WHO can. That's not the problem. Even floating the idea, throwing it out there, regardless of what his actual intents is, is a problem. I have a serious problem with an elected official even mentioning the idea, whether they can do anything about it or not.
Who can? You said you are aware? It's different in every state depending on each state's constitution / by laws / secretary of state. No ONE person can - period. It's a whimsical statement - designed to draw attention. I can scream at the top of my lungs about flying to Mars - doesn't mean I can do it.

·
Bronco Snob
2,207 Posts
Yep, unfortunately Trump says a lot of stupid things on the Twitter. Unfortunately, most things said on the Twitter are stupid. Fortunately, often times Trump governs different than his rhetoric, and if people were honest about it, they would realize that. But its more fun to hate, huh? So go ahead, get bent and pissed off, waste your vote on the putrid Democrats in the most important election in many, many, years go ahead and draw some conclusion that Trump is somehow going to pull off some kinda President-for-life move. Putin? Good grief.
By the way, his statements are not untrue. He's just not the one to deliver the message.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If you're hanging your hat on this nonsense, I have a hard time believing you were ever going to vote for Trump in the first place.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, unfortunately Trump says a lot of stupid things on the Twitter. Unfortunately, most things said on the Twitter are stupid. Fortunately, often times Trump governs different than his rhetoric, and if people were honest about it, they would realize that. But its more fun to hate, huh? So go ahead, get bent and pissed off, waste your vote on the putrid Democrats in the most important election in many, many, years go ahead and draw some conclusion that Trump is somehow going to pull off some kinda President-for-life move. Putin? Good grief.
By the way, his statements are not untrue. He's just not the one to deliver the message.
a) I won't be voting for dems for damn sure. Trump has lost my vote, but by no means have dems won it, and they won't.
b) it seems that the rhetoric is that every election is the 'most important election of our lifetimes'. Been through enough of them, this is a definite trend...
c) I do agree with most of the things that Trump has done as Pres., but there is still only so many stupid contents one can stomach, especially when they reach a certain level of stupidity, which this one has surpassed. If his goal, and it well may have been, was to draw attention to the issues in New York's recent all mail in election, there were certainly better ways to frame it then how he did.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're hanging your hat on this nonsense, I have a hard time believing you were ever going to vote for Trump in the first place.
I know you don't know me from Adam, but I did vote for Trump, and while I was never a maga hat wearing guy, I have for the most part completely supported him in most of his tenure as our CiC. I've also been staunchly of the opinion that someone needs to take away his damn phone or at least have someone half competent review everything before he tweets.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know you don't know me from Adam, but I did vote for Trump, and while I was never a maga hat wearing guy, I have for the most part completely supported him in most of his tenure as our CiC. I've also been staunchly of the opinion that someone needs to take away his damn phone or at least have someone half competent review everything before he tweets.
If you support the policies, risking the alternative because you didn't like a tweet is like setting your house on fire because the dishes were dirty.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,582 Posts
Then apparently you know nothing about president Trump and how he operates. He throws these ridiculous ideas out there to get people talking about it. To make the left lose their minds and start making ridiculous demands making themselves look even more like the assess they are. Btw he has directly spoken of all the voting fraud, it's all the headlines are talking about... Nobody cares, the left mocks it and vehemently denies any such fraud exists and any updating of our voting laws are just an attempt at exclusion and racist, all the while pushing for illegals to vote. u wanna talk about unconstitutional ideas... Then... The left wants universal mail in voting... Another highly unconstitutional idea that they're actually acting on (but Trump's tweet 🙄) I won't even get into the hundred and one ways the left has and continue to violate federal law and our rights but...
U have a problem with Trump trying to trigger conversation and bring attention to much needed voting reform, fraud and manipulation...
I really hope u have just as much of a problem with the Dems suggesting that if Trump loses the election that he will refuse to leave the Whitehouse? Just as unconstitutional... Or the left demanding open borders, really unconstitutional... Supporting riots and violence and calling it protest or them cutting away at our 1st and 2nd amendment rights?
You're so pissed at a goad by the president that you're willing to take your vote away from him because you feel it violates a cornerstone right simply for thinking such a thing... Despite every good thing he's done and accomplished, despite all the fights, hurdles, & slings and arrows from the left , much of which is very unconstitutional, unethical and anti American... Ya know what, go ahead... Take your vote and go put it on the other guy cause you're no conservative if some "stupid" tweet (which has an entirely ulterior motive you obviously don't get) is enough to make you turn your back on the president KNOWING everything the left has actually DONE and said and exactly how constitutional any of it really was 🙄

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,471 Posts
Our awesome President is a business man, an idea man, and out of the box thinker. I think it is great. It's too bad most are blown away by a creative new idea. Put politics and everything else aside, with everything that is going on why wouldn't this be something worth at least considering?

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,471 Posts
Old Chinese proverb says "the nail that sticks out gets pounded down". Well Trump is that nail but no matter how hard you try to pound it into submission, it just won't submit.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! The truth is that T says it like it is. He doesn't think to explain it to the moron. Why doesn't he wear a mask? Because he is tested all the time and he is far enough away from everyone that he is safe. He shouldn't have to explain that down to the dumbest idiot in the room. He is racist; no he is fair. He wants everyone that works hard and makes good decisions to be rewarded, doesn't matter what color or whatever else. But if you are a deadbeat, he calls it like it is. He wants peace - that's why he trys to have good relations with China and Russia, the other two big boys on the block, even though they do questionable crap. Sticking a fork in their eye is not going to help the situation. Going back to school and work - this is a war, this is real, if we don't get those that can back to work and school the collapse of our society is at hand. Yes, some are going to get sick and some are going to die, that's what a war looks like. All of the fluttering about is the result of 50 years of the new deal and social bullshit. We have multiple generations now that grew up on this crap and what is happening with all of these "protests" is a result of exactly that. What a bunch of crap. Trump is exactly what this USA needs and a lot more of it.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! The truth is that T says it like it is. He doesn't think to explain it to the moron. Why doesn't he wear a mask? Because he is tested all the time and he is far enough away from everyone that he is safe. He shouldn't have to explain that down to the dumbest idiot in the room. He is racist; no he is fair. He wants everyone that works hard and makes good decisions to be rewarded, doesn't matter what color or whatever else. But if you are a deadbeat, he calls it like it is. He wants peace - that's why he trys to have good relations with China and Russia, the other two big boys on the block, even though they do questionable crap. Sticking a fork in their eye is not going to help the situation. Going back to school and work - this is a war, this is real, if we don't get those that can back to work and school the collapse of our society is at hand. Yes, some are going to get sick and some are going to die, that's what a war looks like. All of the fluttering about is the result of 50 years of the new deal and social bullshit. We have multiple generations now that grew up on this crap and what is happening with all of these "protests" is a result of exactly that. What a bunch of crap. Trump is exactly what this USA needs and a lot more of it.
There you go!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I laugh every time President Trump triggers the dumbocrats. He is playing multi-dimensional chess while they are playing tiddly-winks.
Does everyone remember a couple of months ago when Trump tweeted he was going to reopen states from lockdowns because as president he could? Governors, liberals, Democrats and RINOs went ballistic. A few days later Trump formally announced that reopening would be up to each individual state because they were in a better position to know the local situation.

It was likely the most brilliant end game of his presidency. He totally absolved himself, his administration and the federal government from those decisions.

If Trump had made that announcement without the prior tweet, we would have listened to weeks of complaining, accusations and finger pointing followed by endless months of second guessing. Instead, we got 3 days of Trumps opposition demanding the moral high ground and then virtual silence when he "acquiesced." - you wanted that responsibility, then you may have that responsibility.

Oh a few have tried; "there has been a lack of guidance." To which the answer will always be "States know the local situation better."

Brilliant, the left was publicly out negotiated before they even knew they were negotiating. The responsibility wasn't forced on them (although that's where it belonged) they demanded it and won. Trump now gets to take pot shots at what Governors are doing (or not doing) instead of the other way around.

The election process is now front and center and being talked about.

So, if the Democrats were so concerned about Russian influence in the 2016 election, why provide an even greater opportunity in 2020 to directly alter the outcome?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts