Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Behold my
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the sixlitre, and everything is going smooth except that the damn distributor wont turn. PB Blaster and a crowbar the thing is still resisting me. The distributor bolt is loose, and I'm starting to think I'm missing something. Got any suggestions?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
Use an adjustable wrench, or preferably a correctly-sized combination wrench, on the hexagonal part of the distributor body. No prying, or else you're going to regret it when you either crack the intake manifold or crack the distributor body.

·
Behold my
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the thing, it's super clean down there. I assume it's on the inside then. If the PB isn't cutting it in a day or so my order of Kroil should come in soon.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
:stupid

There's an O-ring in there, so moisture can and will sit above it. Not to mention galvanic action going on between the dissimilar metals. Lubricants aren't going to cut through that stuff.

·
Behold my
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a BFW to the hex under it after a couple more applications of Blaster. Got it and worked it about until I could move it by hand. Acceleration is a lot better. Spins the tires on a light corner with my foot in it. Couldn't do that before, only on tight ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.