1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item name:TSM Disc Brake Kit
Price: best reasonable offer

Description:
there isn't anything wrong with this set up other than it won't fit my 14B. I won't have the 8.8 much longer so I need the $$ for a locker in the 14B.
Paid nearly $475 IIRC when I got this kit. (this included tax and shipping)[included as info, just so you can get an idea how much a swap like this would cost to do]

it will include the following parts:
2- rotors
2- caliper brackets and bolts for same
remaining unused spacers that came with the kit that were not needed on my swap.
brake pads for the swap..they are like 75% yet.
not sure yet if I can include the calipers or not...I will update when I get a firm answer on this. (these were purchased separately)

the only item you will need to purchase for the completion of the swap are the caliper brake hoses..

pretty sure I can include the instructions I got with the kit....althought I suggest tossing them away prior to starting...they are not very good. Raffa had a tech article on this that was MUCH better than the company supplied shEEEt!

Location (City):Fullerton
ZIP CODE (for shipping calculations):92835
Will you Ship? (Y/N):Y
Method of shipment (UPS, FedEx, etc):buyers choice/buyers dime
Payment method (PayPal, check, MO, etc):CASH OR Paypal
Other info:

Please email me on this kit. [email protected] is the address with priority on interest. this site email link is 2nd and PM/posts will be 3rd.

·
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSM mfg Website said:
8.8 Ford F-150 & Bronco 1980 to 1996, E-150 1980 to 2006 rear disc brake kit includes:

brackets, bolts, and new 11 9/16" vented rotors.

Part Number 2530 $289.95 pair
This above is what I'm including in my kit.

TSM said:
Additional Parts (Needed to complete installation)

Part No. 3100 Calipers without parking brakes $120.00 pair
Part No. 3110 New Calipers with parking brakes $300.00 pair (I went with these)
Part No. 3111 Short Cable Extensions $20.00 pair (I did not buy/use these..maybe you would?)

Part No. 3700 Rubber hose 9 1/2" $50.00 pair
-OR-
Part No. 3702-8 Braided Stainless hose 8" $50.00 pair (I used these)
These are additional parts that may be obtained elsewhere such as a wrecking yard, NAPA, etc.
I am not including the calipers in my kit. Atleast not at this point.

for further info on the swap...check out the site here.

·
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The parts are LONG gone.

however....I'll always have the 'goods' :goodfinge

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,779 Posts
hahah nice! i was searching for a disc brake swap for the 8.8 and saw this thread. i also found the TSM site but the swap is a little expensive for me.

have you ever used the disc brakes on the 8.8? if so how were they and are they worth the money?

·
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
since its up at the top....

yes, I used them on the 8.8. I'd probably still have it if the 8.8 was a stronger rear end than it is. I thought it was worth doing...although now that I know alittle more than I did then, I'd probably frankenstein a disc kit together.

PM me or email if you have other questions...be happy to provide you any info I can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts