Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Hdpsd said:

I would have to argue that for a TTB truck...Its a nice bronco.

1. It was the feature truck in June of 97. Thats almost 7 years ago. Alot of the technology has changed tremendously... As it does in 7 years time. Either way, The TTB has almost no rival for high speed desert running...and thats what alot of those trucks are.

3. The 8.8 was trussed. And hes *only* running 35's. Im willing to bet it holds up very well. I bet its moves and handles the dunes very nicely..

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
whats the joke in it? TTB is king in the desert, so people use it. it used to be under every good baja truck out there, they have now gone to IFS, and it is working just as well as ttb was 10 years ago, but it comes with a cost, i think ya just need to think about it more

wes

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
I bet that 8.8 holds up perfectly fine running through the sand in that truck , especialy with the upgrades done . The only time an 8.8 becomes weak is when you try and run too tall of a gear .

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
I bet that 8.8 holds up perfectly fine running through the sand in that truck , especialy with the upgrades done . The only time an 8.8 becomes weak is when you try and run too tall of a gear .
no, the tubes are inherently weak, and there is nothing that a truss is going to do about tubes that are only 5/16" thick. the truss is only going to help the tubes where they meet the housing and to possibly keep them from spinning. the ring gear on 8.8s is very burly, its the tubes that are the problem.

looking at that truck, it has potential, but i think it got lost somewhere in the tons of shocks theory and i bet it doesn't even do that good in the desert. i want a bronco set up like this one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts