Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am Super!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was changing my Coils I snaped offthe stud on the passenger side TTB.

Once I did that I tried to get the rest of the Stud out but couldn't. so I ground the piesce of the stud to a point and welded it back together so that I could install my coils.

I thought that there was a nut on the inside of the ttb that the stud screwed into. Isn't the how to get the rad arm off?

If so, I should be able to just apply heat till redhot and unscrew it?

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of this?

Where can I get a repacement stud or do I just have to cut a bolt?

Any advice is welcome :beer
THANKS

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
its a double sided stud that bolts thru the arm. then, the threaded section comes up thru the lower coil mount, with a washer and nut that secures the coil down. you will need to take the knuckles off to access the lower nut. I would think you could get it from Ford or a junkyard.

look at my superford under one ton upgrade. there is a pic of the bolt when i am sizing up for a new lower mount

never mind, here is a pic of what the bolt looks like

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
mine snapped off and wound up looking like this

I had to drill into it for days to get it to where I could remove it .. torch helps to break the rust bond .. bad news

yes, that stud holds the radius arm on

check out my superford under "lift and stuff"

·
I am Super!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like you cut the front shock mounting bracket off, did you do that to get to the stud?

Do you rember what thread the studs are?

Thanks for the help at least now I know what I'm up against :beer

Damager said:
mine snapped off and wound up looking like this

I had to drill into it for days to get it to where I could remove it .. torch helps to break the rust bond .. bad news

yes, that stud holds the radius arm on

check out my superford under "lift and stuff"

·
I am Super!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess that I'll just tell them I have a 96 and it's work? COOL!

If I can't get them I'll just use some allthread and tack a nut on. :thumbup

PwrStnd said:
My studs where pretty ugly when i got them out of my 81,so i took a ride down to the ford dealer.If i remember right,they where discontinued,so i got a set for a late model truck.They are the same.I think they wanted like$20-25 for 2.

·
I am Super!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been going through my locay Junkyard and have not been able to extract a good stud yet.

Maybe it has something to do with all of the corrosion we get her in PA:shrug

I'm going to try a dealer soon if I can't get one of these things out in good shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts