Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum for this question.

Are TTB D44 and D50 rotors and calipers interchangeable? I just put new ones on my D44 and I'd like to re-use them on the D50.

Also, on the D50 the PO took the hubs off and let it set outside for quite a while. The spindles have some surface rust on them, and I was hoping to be able to chuck them up in a lathe and either polish them or take a light cut on them for the seal to work.

Is there any particular seal that is slightly smaller, like one to allow for a worn/grooved spindle?

If not, does anyone have a set of D50 spindles that they'd like to get rid of?

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
The only part I know interchanges is the stub shaft and slip yoke. The rotors wont because the D50 is 8 lug and D44 is 5 lug

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
And no this isn't the right forum. This is where you post full write-ups of how you installed something with step by step instructions/procedures and plenty of pictures. And most of the D50 outer stuff is the same as D60. The SAS forum is actually a good place to search for D50 stuff as this question and lots of others pertaining to D50 swap-ability have been asked there.

Welcome to FSB.

·
Administrator
22,839 Posts
And no this isn't the right forum. This is where you post full write-ups of how you installed something with step by step instructions/procedures and plenty of pictures. And most of the D50 outer stuff is the same as D60. The SAS forum is actually a good place to search for D50 stuff as this question and lots of others pertaining to D50 swap-ability have been asked there.

Welcome to FSB.
It is now....:thumbup

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but I think that I'm just going to go away.

Everyone is so hostile here. Yeah, I can already see the posts: "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"........

This is one of the worst user friendly sites that I have ever seen. You get flamed for posting in the wrong forum no matter which one you post it. This is NOT an SAS question, and I've already tried searching for D44 to D50 parts interchange with no luck.

I just needed a simple question answered without having to sift through hundreds of posts.

I just needed to know if my F250 8 lug D44 rotors and calipers would work on my 8 lug D50 axle that I'm going to be swapping out..... a pretty straight forward question.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I just needed to know if my F250 8 lug D44 rotors and calipers would work on my 8 lug D50 axle that I'm going to be swapping out..... a pretty straight forward question.
Your original post said TTB D44 which typically is a 5-lug, especially on a Bronco because they were all TTB D44 withs 5 lug. You failed to specify that you had an F250 which has a TTB D44HD, different legth shafts than a Bronco D44 and 8 lug. A D44HD does have the same shafts and knuckles and spindles as a D50 just the center section is different. Depending year the spindles, calipers and rotors would be the same.

Next time provide some details with your questions. :goodfinge

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Everyone is so hostile here. Yeah, I can already see the posts: "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"........

This is one of the worst user friendly sites that I have ever seen. You get flamed for posting in the wrong forum no matter which one you post it. This is NOT an SAS question, and I've already tried searching for D44 to D50 parts interchange with no luck.

I just needed a simple question answered without having to sift through hundreds of posts.

You get used to it after a while..then this place sorta grows on you..Seriously though, most people are VERY helpful and friendly you just need to be more specific with your question. There so MANY different applications for D44 and D50 Ford stuff and I think people here are just sick of repition. Just remember to be as specific as possible and you'll get all of the help you need.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

I've looked at a lot of your posts and really haven't seen anybody be hostile. People have posted saying it is the wrong place to post your question and what not but I don't see how that is hostile.

The only reason you aren't getting a big loving hug is because it is very frustrating to have people come in day in and day out asking the same questions and/or not providing enough info for people to answer their questions. If you decide to leave that's fine and all, but I don't see how that is anybody here's fault. Once you figure out what the forums are for, how to search effectively (pick up the terms that are most common) and how things work it isn't a big deal. You are just in a learning phase, will make some mistakes and people will call you on it. Doesn't mean we hate you or anything, it is just to inform you. Any other established forum you find is going to be the same way.

Good luck either way. :beer

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
You can actually bolt up the D50 center section to a D44 traction beam. It has a larger r & p. However, the axle splines are still 30-spine which is still the weak spot.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,492 Posts
Some people on here come off as professional assholes from time to time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts