Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up your TTB Dana 50 tech!

The TTB Dana 50 uses the same wheel hubs, locking hubs, and brakes as a Dana 60?

What about the spindle?

What about the knuckle? Is it the same as a dana 60 ball joint knuckle?

What do they use for the axle U-joint?

What size is the outer stub axle? 30 spline?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The spindle is like a 60, same bolt pattern et al, but the index isn't as long as on a KP 60, may be the same as a BJ60(Iforget if they use a seperate caliper bracket or if it's part of the knuckle like a 50.)
Knuckles, I've never been able to compare, but, I don't think they're the same.
Outers are 30 spline, same as a 60.
U-Joints have a bigger cross than a 44, caps are the same diameter, and have external snap rings, like a driveshaft.

Basicly, you don't get much more oddball than a TTB 50... LOL

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
TTB 50 vs ball joint D60

Ball joints are different sizes so knuckles will not swap
Spindles, wheel hubs, rotors, calipers and lockouts will all swap

TTB D50 shafts uses 1350 series u-joints, D60 shafts uses 1480 u-joints so outer stubs will not swap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone out there personally swapped everything from the knuckle out on a D50 TTB onto a D60? I'm finding mixed opinons on the matter. I personally will be attempting this in the very near future so any info would be appreciated.

Seems to me that everything from the knuckle out on the 50 TTB will swap. Help!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I;m sure they won't swap, but i am undergoing the swap here very qucikly...I will take pictures to let you know and have visual proof that they will not swap...The d50 ttb and the d60 use the same balljoint but the balljoint inclination on the ttb is way different than the D60 monobeam

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,020 Posts
The knuckles will not swap, ive already had both in my hand. The caliper mount is cast into the D50TTB knuckle, and its a stand-alone piece on the D60. Also the steering stops are cast into the D50 TTB knuckles whereas they are an adjustable bolt on the D60s.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The knuckles will not swap, ive already had both in my hand. The caliper mount is cast into the D50TTB knuckle, and its a stand-alone piece on the D60. Also the steering stops are cast into the D50 TTB knuckles whereas they are an adjustable bolt on the D60s.

exactly!!! :popc1:
That's why i had suggested posting pics for those who need a visual example :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.