Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have installed a couple TTB's before, but never had this much trouble. I just put a 8'' skyjacker lift on, and doing a 2wd, to 4wd conversion(f-150, not bronco) When i went to put the drivers side axle under it just wouldn't go. I bolted the radius arm in, and left it loose for movement, but when i tried to get the axle pivot point into its bracket the thing would not go!! I jacked up on both sides seperately, and then at the same time, and no help. The thing isnt even close! Anyone have any suggestions out there? I need to get the axle under there asap!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I had to use a come-along to perswade it home. the mounts are in the correct location? maybe provide a couple pics to help explain where it is not lining up.......mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
i second the come along straps. when i did my six inch lift on my bronco, nothing wanted to align. those straps saved my from kicking my car in the face.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i talked to a friend and he told me to use a strap as well. I am gonna try that as soon as i get out of class

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, got the drivers side installed, tomorrow-passenger!! I had to use a comealong and unbolt the radius arm bracket, but she is on!

G

·
Ok, got the drivers side installed, tomorrow-passenger!! I had to use a comealong and unbolt the radius arm bracket, but she is on!
Did you loosen the R/A where it bolts to the beam? To line it up?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
you're converting a two wheel drive to 4X4 and you decided to use TTB? :wacko

what made you decide this?
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with that. :brownbag

I had the same problem you had when I was putting on my lift except on the passenger side. I ended up taking the RA drop bracket back off the frame, bolting up the beam to the front drop bracket, loosely threading the nut on the radius arm and then bolt the RA drop back up to the frame.....fun stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, thats what i ended up doing. I unbloted the radius arm brackets, and got everything esle bolted up, then used a comealong, and some brute force(haha) to get it all bolted up! thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts