Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. i was wondering how much coils will shrink over time.. my susp lift in my f150 seems to me like the coils have shrunk, makin the camber way off.. the lifts been in there for quite a few years but i cant really remember what it looked like before.. i bought the truck off my dad about a year ago.. pretty much what im thinkin is that i can just get some new coils and shocks and it will sit right again cause im plannin on puttin it in my bronco.. any suggestions would be great.. thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah.. i just wasnt sure how much sag is normal..
and i have all the stuff.. the lift is in my f150 right now so i figure i just gotta get some new shocks and springs and everything else should be the same..

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
You should be able to just get a set of springs for whatever hieght the lift is. And shocks to match.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think he is going to replace the springs and shocks and use the rest of the lift off the f150. How high a lift is it? You can get after market adjusters to help the alignment, and the bronco fron tend will carry the weight a little different than the f150 due to overall weight and wheelbase differences. I would put the lift on, then look to new springs. Or maybe you could get buy with a spring spacer 1-2".

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
DO NOT install spacers to compensate for sagging springs. That is about ghetto.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
DO NOT install spacers to compensate for sagging springs. That is about ghetto.
My lift consists of coil spacers, ttb drop pivot, drop rad arm mounts and rear blocks. I have not had a single issue with it - been wheeling the shit outa it for over 3 years like that. I am having some spring sag myself - I would not use those spacers to compensate - my lift spacers have been 100% fine.

Sorry - only pic I have of it - from last event. Fawking caps flew out and took out the shafts :banghead

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
there is a difference from using spacers as a lift component for good springs and be a assclown and stuffing in with bad s[rings to make up for the difference. its like adding steering stabilizers to hide bad steering parts.

if the springs are bad man up and buy new ones.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
My lift consists of coil spacers, ttb drop pivot, drop rad arm mounts and rear blocks. I have not had a single issue with it - been wheeling the shit outa it for over 3 years like that. I am having some spring sag myself - I would not use those spacers to compensate - my lift spacers have been 100% fine.

Sorry - only pic I have of it - from last event. Fawking caps flew out and took out the shafts :banghead
Did you really need the drop beackets with just the spacers?

there is a difference from using spacers as a lift component for good springs and be a assclown and stuffing in with bad s[rings to make up for the difference. its like adding steering stabilizers to hide bad steering parts.

if the springs are bad man up and buy new ones.
That is the point I was trying to make.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Springs sag over time. That is just a fact. The spring rate doesn't change. Using spacers to restore ride height 1-2" is fine if they are of good quality. I would not recommend wheeling hard with them, but for a DD there is nothing wrong with using them to restore ride height. Just don't use the kind that prop up the individual coils.

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
Springs sag over time. That is just a fact. The spring rate doesn't change. Using spacers to restore ride height 1-2" is fine if they are of good quality. I would not recommend wheeling hard with them, but for a DD there is nothing wrong with using them to restore ride height. Just don't use the kind that prop up the individual coils.
and you people wonder why they are starting to crack down on lifted shit?:twak

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
We are all now dumber for reading this. :smilie_slap

·
Registered
390 Posts
WHat specificaly is your issue with spacers for the front springs? As long as they are installed correctly they are not going anywhere. They in know way resemble lift blocks used for leaf springs. Do you have specific issues of problems or are you just TOYA.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
Did you really need the drop beackets with just the spacers?
I ran my truck for a long time without them - couldn't align the truck worth a damn. The only time I've had the drop brakets come into contact with anything was when I was rockcrawling.

The spacers have not twitched since the instalation - I've DD'd and wheel'd it to the max without any issues. I think my front springs are sagging - but with a SAS almost completly put together, I could care less.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
WHat specificaly is your issue with spacers for the front springs? As long as they are installed correctly they are not going anywhere. They in know way resemble lift blocks used for leaf springs. Do you have specific issues of problems or are you just TOYA.
I dont have an issue with them when they are used right. Using them to GAIN ride height is one thing. Using them to RESTORE it is not what they are for. Putting a spacer over a sagging spring is like putting a band aid on a broken leg.

It isnt an issue with the spacer itself, but an issue with not using them for what they are meant for.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I understand your issues. I still think that if he wants to put the 6" in and use spacers until he sees if he likes it then he will be OK, but I appreciate your reasoning.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
I understand your issues. I still think that if he wants to put the 6" in and use spacers until he sees if he likes it then he will be OK, but I appreciate your reasoning.
Anytime:thumbup

·
Registered
512 Posts
While were on the issue of coil spacers, do they make a poly spacer for a fsb thats less than 2"? I just put on leveling coils and new 33" tires, but would like to bring the front up another 1":doh0715:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
While were on the issue of coil spacers, do they make a poly spacer for a fsb thats less than 2"? I just put on leveling coils and new 33" tires, but would like to bring the front up another 1":doh0715:
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33537_superlift_coil_spring_spacers__pair.htm

2 of these should fit under the spring retainer bolt (as long as that round hole is 3/4"). That 1/2" of extra height at the spring translates to 3/4-1" of lift due to the geometry of TTB. If that isn't enough use 1 or 2 of the hex hole spacers in the link in my post above. Steel > Poly. Good luck getting that shit to align.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts