Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the piece called that goes between the bottom of the coil spring and the lower coil perch? Mine was like a thick cloth material. I guess it keeps the coil from riding directly on the metal perch. Any idea what it is called.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There's supposed to be a bushing there? That explains more than a few things. Something else to thank the incompetent previous owners and their mechanics for. :banghead

Any bushings at the top of the spring from the factory? Looked to me like that was meant to be a direct seat ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, does anybody know if you can put the coil spring perch from a 1970's f150 on to an 80 f150 with a ttb? I messed up and bought 6 inch coil springs for a 66-79 ford instead of the 80-96. I thought that they would be the same. Any idea on how to make these springs work?

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Best way to make them work? Return them.

I'm sure they'll swap you springs. What you're asking for is a bunch of fab work, to put a solid axle lower spring cup on the TTB.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Put them back ON eBay. :shrug

The suspension isn't something to screw around with. If something falls out as you're driving, you'll endanger yourself, your passengers, & every motorist & pedestrian around you. :twak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts