Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am building a Dune Runner based on an early Bronco frame. I want to use a Dana 44 TTB out of a full size 90's Bronco.

Does anyone have any info on modification to the beams for longer travel than stock applications?

Thanks, Jim

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
No idea, but it was not the wisest to post more then once :rofl:

Dont pre runner sites have stuff like that? I know the ford ranger is a popular one.

·
Banned
19,922 Posts
1) Lengthen the beams as much as possible.
2) Angle the pivot bolt bushings so that each bolt points at its own radius arm bracket (opposite side). That'll allow it to droop fully, limited only by the shocks, radius arm bushings, & limit straps.
3) Angle the radius arm bushings down for more downtravel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BambiBasher said:
i believe that camburg suspension makes someone for the TTB makes the alot wider.
Thanks,

If I can't find any info on cutting, and turning them myself I will probably go with those.

Jim

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
There was an Explorer done several years ago that had around 20-22 inches of travel from the TTB. There used to be an outstanding build series on offroad.com, but no idea if it still exists. They went into how to build the jigs and all the mods to make it strong again. Sorry, don't have a link anymore.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
JimsBroncoStable said:
Sorry Hotshot, I am new.
Sorry I am not;) But I am glad you seem to be getting the help you need. See everyone saw it even if its only in one place.:thumbup

·
Registered
26 Posts
a prerunner bronco...doesnt sound like the greatest rig i would get something with A arms or you would have to beef up the TTB big time to withstand jumping and actually anything with the weight of a bronco. i would say get a ranger for a jumper prolly cheaper and easier to work on also.. but hey i could be wrong.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
ya he said in his first thread that it was a classic with a full width axle under it.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts