Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I am doing a SAS and am just wondering if anybody uses the TTB radius arm bracket?
The only person I have ever seen do an SAS and retain the original mount is Oscar. But thats becouse he moded his rancho extended TTB radius arms to work on a solid axle and the Rancho arms reuse the radius arm bracket, relocated further back.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
So the short answer is no. You can't because they don't use C bushings like the solids do. Shorter answer is sure you can if your a master welder.

EDIT: oops miss read the Q

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Im pretty sure you can it has nothing to do with the C bushings. The shaft on the solid axel radius arm is larger than the ttb radius arm if you can get the bushings to fit it may work.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
So the short answer is no. You can't because they don't use C bushings like the solids do. Shorter answer is sure you can if you a master welder.
I think you misread his question.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried using the TTB brackets because the face of them is angled back to help keep the bushings "un-bound" at ride height.
But, alas they brought the bushings in too far and caused more bind than they helped. I never even got them spread far enough apart to fit on the frame, even with the C cap bolts loose as a goose.
I ended up using the 78 mounts and cut 20 degrees out of them. They work much better gooder.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only reason I am asking is because I will have 8 inches of lift and 7* bushings so I figured the TTB brackets would provide some drop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I do. I was refering to the stock brackets dropping the radius arms a couple inches but I do have TTB drop brackets aswell.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I angle the radius arm bracket 20* would it be possible to use 10" lift springs without radius arm drop brackets?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that is what I was thinking. I already have the 8" springs so I am just going to stick with them to save some headaches and I don't need the extra lift anyways.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts