Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'v been thinking about a sas for my 85 bronco, i may be able to pick up a dana 44 for next to nothing, and i need to know if i can reuse the superlift drop brackets from my superlift 6" suspension with the 44's radius arms, truck is driven mostly on street, and rarly off road or abused. thanks in advance,
mikey

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i may try to do tha swap over x-mas break while im out of school, im thinkin tha solid axel will give me 2 more " and ill go with a 2" add-a-leaf in the rear, 36x14.50 or posibly 38x15 when these a/t's wear out

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
plug ugly said:
just an honest opinoin, but dont so a swap unless you are wheeling it and breaking stuff. not worth the headache. Just get a good ttb lift and do some fender trimming if you really need tirs that big.

:stupid agreed .. there is absolutlely no reason whatsoever to do an SAS unless your level of offroading justifies it :shrug ... save yourself the trouble ... if you are only looking for a 2" lift make it a body lift for $100 or less and trim to fit the rubber

my 2 cents

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Plug- he said he already has a 6" superlift.

I was thinking about those drop brackets and I wouldn't waste my time with them. There butt fugly and they hang down too low. just grab the ones off of the donor truck and use those.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I was just fixin' to say he shouldn't use those but I see you corrected your self. Other than the cosmetic reasons you gave, if he moves them back the frame bend down to a lower point back there and it will in turn make the btackets even lower phucking up their angle...:beer

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't want to trim out tha fenders, and i don't like the way body lifts look, i would just put daystar spacers in the coils but i don't really want to run over a 35 on the ttb or mess up the angles any more than they already are. a friend of mine owns a junk yard down the road and im going to be talking to him about getting a axel, so i can use the factory radius arm brackets from the doner truck, is so thats what ill do.

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
I just finished mine so I could go wheeling over winter break.
Just finished my finals yesterday,

You said you wanted another 2 inches from your sas?
Are you going to use 8" springs or some kind of 2 inch adapter on the front?

I was under the impression that I woulkd get another two inches because of the 78-79 coils I used. Which did not happen, it was more like 0.5" maybe 1 at tops.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
wow, there are a lot of college guys on here! i have a friend doing his over the winter break also. he is running 37 inch mt/rs right now with the ttb, and it is just getting all torn up under VERY light wheeling. dont use the drop brackets, either swap some from the donor, or make some like nobs and evilbronc did on his, or raf has done with his. just my .023456789

wes

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i'm also in college, but i did mine over summer :), i wouldnt use the TTB brackets either. just make a new trac bar bracket and sell the TTB parts. i also only gained about .5" after the SAS.

good luck

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I did mine in days.

I'll update this when I actually start:)I'm giving my self 3 weeks. 1 weekend to rip stuff off, 1 weekend to put everything on, and 1 weekend to fix everything I screwed up:)

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
im with chris, I dont think you could use the ttb rad arm brackets. i looked at it when i did my first sas and the angle was going to be off and put the bushings in a sever bind at ride height.

Dave may have done his sas the fastest, but who has spent the most time fixing their shit too???? :goodfinge Oh, and dont blame it on that little rock on the old sluice this summer sally :whip

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
the ttb mounts are outboard of the frame and stress the c bushings

·
Registered
643 Posts
alright instead a maken a new thread ill just post it in here.........
i have 3 ra brackets to choose from.stock ttb, ttb drop brackets from a 4" rc lift, or these which came on the axel(pic)

they dont look like theyll work that good,i dunno what do you guys think?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
dont the drop brackets connect to the tcase xmember as well? dont think they would fit well just against the normal frame 12 inches back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts