Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what all,...if any,...parts from my 91 TTB are reusable on this 78/79 D44 that I'm trying to get pieced together. Almost all of the stuff on my ttb is new. Bearings, seals, brake calipers & rotors, hubs(although I do need to get these faulty ones changed out from Warn), extended brake lines, ect.....
Debating on staying with the TTB coil springs....might sell them with the lift and just get new ones from Cage....Still undecided on that as well as a few other things :doh0715: Was really hoping to have this all done and put together for the meet and greet but I don't foresee that happening.
Will the 78/79 radius arm brackets and or drop down brackets fit on the 80-91frames?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hubs and out will carry over. I don't think the calipers will, b/c its a different mounting bracket. I suggest getting some T-bird calipers, for better stopping force.

If your not extending your RA you can use the 78/79 brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Gears and carrier will swap or keep around for spares. The coils will not work on the 78/79 44. The mount on the bottom is different.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The calipers from my 86 TTB slid right into my 79 D44, using the same slider key, spring and bolt. Not sure if 91 is the same...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah...it figures...the carrier I won't be reusing anyway cause I'm gonna be needing 3.92 and up carrier....along with new gears. As for the coils well,...I guess that settles that...I'll have to get the 78/79 set then....was hoping not to hear that but....ThetaTauMan, when you say hubs out are you saying just the hubs....(they are the last part of the axle), or are you refering to the spindle/rotor?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Non ABS hub and rotors will work. Bearing and seals too. Lockouts and that is basically it. You can use the coils and upper buckets, but you have to fabricate some kind of lower coil retainer.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Non ABS hub and rotors will work. Bearing and seals too. Lockouts and that is basically it. You can use the coils and upper buckets, but you have to fabricate some kind of lower coil retainer.
:thumbup Thanx's Doba...I believe that I have rear ABS but not front. There is no type of wiring/sensors at the calipers that I am aware of. Spindles as well :scratchhe hopefully? Gotta ask cause I was looking at the set that came with my D44 and they are pretty boogered up. Gonna try and get a few pic's of them tonight after I get back from school. Hopefully I'll be able to post them at some point tonight also to see if you guys think that they are usable or not...but I'm thinkin no:doh0715:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh thanks dave, I am going to run chevy flat top knuckles and small bearing spindles (they use the same bearings as ford ttb) but my hubs are abs and I was worried that I couldnt reuse them thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts