Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a quick fix/band aid on my 79's d44. I have a broken earlet on the u-joint. I purchased some chromo shafts and gears to fix it right but I have not gotten around to doing that yet. What I was wondering is will the shafts from a ttb d44 fit in a SA d44?

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
No, the pass side has an extra U-joint and the driver side is I believe 1/4 inch too short and I've been told it doesn't seal correctly.

Best thing to do is buy OEM's from broncograveyard and overnight them if you have the cash. If not send regular mail I guess...

**edit**
wait you have the new chromo shafts? Why don't you just replace them then?

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
How long are you talking about waiting? There shouldnt be a wear mark unless youre going to put some serious miles on that front axle. If you dont lock the hubs, no problems.

If you do lock them, you'll have to really grind on them to get any wear marks. The splined sections will be the same on your old one as on your new one. There's no adjustment there.

Even if some form of wear mark showed up, I dont think it would be a problem. People swap carriers and keep axle shafts all the time. I've been running mine for quite a good while on the stock axle shafts and upgraded, about 10y ago, to a Powrlok unit. No issues that I've seen when I pulled the shafts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts