Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I go through shafts like food I am always looking for replacements. So far everything has worked. But I remember a site I found a year or two ago that had the specs of the TTB shafts. And I remember the dimensions changing slightly over the years. Like the late 80's shafts being 1/2" shorter than others. Some stub shafts being slightly longer than others, etc. Was I dreaming or is this the case? If it is the case will they still work for me because I don't think they will? Thanks. Posting this on FSB also.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
trying like hell bud, should have a soild anwser in a few days. this whole moving thing hit at the wrong time!!!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll make it. But in case you don't let me know so I can have you send me the shafts. Damon, I am interested in yours as well. Are you going to Moab?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
if by chance I cant make it I will give the shafts to scott(dogonmut) to bring up to you

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
I was looking at the tech link dustball posted and it lists two different left hand assy for the '92. The first one is 71394-1x which is '88.5 - '92, and the second is 74813-1x which is '92 - '96. I checked the measurements for the two and every thing is exactly the same, except for the measurement on the inner part of the shaft which is 15.69 on the one and 15.68 on the other. Will that make that much of a difference, or can I run one from either year without a problem.

Here's the difference in the chart, highlighted in green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts