Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 f150 ext cab that I want to do a SAS on and have been researching this forum for valuable info. Plenty of it here. I just have a few questions about the stuff I found.

1.First of all, I did a search and couldnt find this one on the forums. How is everone mounting ttb springs on the d44 axle? some kind of adapter? Pictures?

2. Do TTB springs offer better lower mounts?

3. Why are 78-79 upper buckets better than the stock ttb's. Do the springs line up better?

4. Who hates their springs and why. Brand, ttb or 78-79, lift. etc..

5. Track bar, how well does the 96' f350 fit? does it need mods?

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
1. look at chris85xlt's superford for a good solution

2. i dont know

3. i dont know

4. no experience, heard a lot of good things about JBG's coils

5. look at the members superfords, especially dustin and dogunmut

wes

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
I'm running 8" skyjacker ttb coils for a ford ranger aplication

1) here is a good pic of the lower mount and the track bar mount. Notice the mount is offset to prevent spring bow...
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=84268

pic of NOBS!'s lower mounts
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=90844

2)IMO these lower mounts are superior than the 78/79 style

3)78/79 style buckets allow you to move the axle forward, make room for a long travel shock mount, and offer a cleaner looking intall.

pic http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=84270

4) I run 8" ford ranger coils by skyjacker. Why, beacuse they were recomended by a friend and the ranger coils have a much better spring rate (yeild around 6" of lift) Also, superlift coils are crap

5)The track bar should work if you fab your mounts to work with it, Just use a 78/79 track bar or make a custom one with DOM tube and hiem joints.

Your welcom

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
JYDOG said:
I've got a 95 f150 ext cab that I want to do a SAS on and have been researching this forum for valuable info. Plenty of it here. I just have a few questions about the stuff I found.
1. i did something ver similar to chris's idea, but made it work for a 60 instead. Look into my superford if needed, but rafs picsture is perfect.
2.I like the lower ttb coil retainer better, although the spring can shift around and cause some annoying noises, I know the stock 78/9 coils mounts have been used for years, and with those year coils it works fine, I just didnt like the way the ttb coil sat in there. Either will work.
3.the old upper buckets are cleaner and allow you to run an f250 shcok mount for longer travel shocks, but you can use the ttb uppers
4.Cant help you, I dont hate mine. personal opinion, but the fabtechs are some of the nicest riding/flexing coils I have used. Better than prcomp, superlift ttbs, and tho Bill will argue this, i like them better than the 78/9 skyjacker springs, altho those are pretty nice coils too.
5.dont know, didnt use one

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry to disappoint Damon, but I wont agrue about coils. I used a skyjacker f150 10" lift spring with a if I remember right a 385 spring rate. For those who don't know that means the spring will compress 1 inch for every 385lbs of weight or pressure applied. Anyway I tend to think all the fuss about springs is alot to do about nothing. If yoiu like a stiff ride get a stiff shock and spring, you will still fex it just my take more pressure. If you like a soft ride than run softer spring. My truck weight is 6945lb loaded for the trail with my fat ass in it. I would like a little firmer ride, but in my case I will just get the rs5000 when my procomps where out since I am told they are more stiff.

·
Registered
643 Posts
ya were can i get those coil adapter things?

·
Registered
643 Posts
anyone wanna home make me 2 of those.heh.so there's no other way to use ttb spring?

·
Registered
643 Posts
hey bronkzilla,i was looking at ur sas pics and wonderin whats the hitch pin in the RA all about?

·
huh
1995 Bronco, Slightly Modified
7,220 Posts
bronco23 said:
hey bronkzilla,i was looking at ur sas pics and wonderin whats the hitch pin in the RA all about?
thats my old SAS.. i thought i deleted all those pics..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I knew I came to the right place. I think I've got a good idea of what im getting into now. My truck is used on the road mostly so I want to use as many factory parts as possible (I can fabricate but don't trust my own work with things that are critical ) . I had a 4wd ranger ext cab that I swaped a mustang engine and c4 into and it was a great truck except for the TTB front end. That was the only reason I got rid of it. So I decided to try this again with a full size truck and put my favorite parts into it (ext cab short bed, 351W, Auto and SAS). From what I've been reading a 6 inch lift is the minimum for a SAS but how you get the lift is the trick. Let me know if I have this right? 79 buckets are about 1 inch longer that the TTB buckets? using TTB lower spring mounts will increase the lift by 2". knowing this and from what Ive been reading, using ttb buckets, ttb 4" springs and lower mounts should net me the same as 79 buckets 79 6 inch spings and lower mounts? Make any sense? Give me your opinon on a combo for a minimum lift setup. I'll cut the crossmember if needed.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
I got sick of the nnoying noises that would come from the 79 springs and mounts, pluss the superlift springs road like crap. so like plug Im using the 2wd fabtech springs and I am very happy with them. I do need to however build a lower mount for them instead of using the 79 mounting, its just a little cleaner with the ttb mounts. I still have the 79 mounts and have yet to have a problem with it so they will work.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.