Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and could not find what I was looking for.

I want to lift the bronco and I was thinking I would get the tuff Country 4in kit. http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/248104.html

Kit number 24810 on TC's web site.

Well my truck has 190K on it. SO should I just add the add a leaf or should I get a new set of leafs then add the add a leaf or should I just get a set of 4.5in lift leafs?

I was looking on bronco grave yard and they have stock leafs for $190 for the pair. Rear Springs, Stock (Pair)# 33250

But they also have Rear Springs, 4.5 in. " Lift, Pair# 33551 for $295. Would it be a better idea to use the lift leafs or would they give me to much lift so it would not sit level.

One more thing. Are the shocks they offer with the kit any good the SX8000 Nitro gas shocks? or should I go with the rancho rs5000??

Ryan

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am not an expert, but I think most of the lifts are 2" less in the rear. (6" front/4" rear) or (4" front/2" rear). The 4.5" lift in the rear would be too much for a 4" lift in the front.

·
Registered
566 Posts
slaga said:
I am not an expert, but I think most of the lifts are 2" less in the rear. (6" front/4" rear) or (4" front/2" rear). The 4.5" lift in the rear would be too much for a 4" lift in the front.
I hear ya, that sounds to me about right. :beer

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
yeah for a 4" lift the rear is only lifted 2.5"s since the back sits 2.5" higher already.

though I have no experience with Tough Country, several members have had a lot of problems with TC. Personally I run Rough Country. My RC kit is the exact same as a Superlift kit, but a lot cheaper. Id go that route...my $.02

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking in to the rough country. I have not found a 4 in kit with the same parts at the tc lift.

What do you guy think on the add a leaf ? Should I buy new stock springs and then add a leaf?
or just add the add a leaf to my leafs.

Thanks again

·
Registered
566 Posts
a lift with a added leaf is 10 times better then a lift thats uses a block. If you use a block you get a rougher ride, and the life of your rear leaf springs gets shorted, and you'll be replacing them anyways. I rather just add the leaf, instead of replacing them anyways down the road. thats just my thinkin though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
R94BroncoXLT said:
What do you guy think on the add a leaf ? Should I buy new stock springs and then add a leaf?
If you are thinking about buying new leaf springs anyway, why not buy new leaf springs with the correct amount of lift?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts