Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...stumbled upon this thread. Where are ya'll located? Are there any Bronco clubs that meet up in north DFW? I'm in Pilot Point, right outside of Denton and about 30mins from the Plano/Frisco area...5min from Lake Ray Roberts.

New to the Bronco scene...think it would be cool to meet up for a beer or something. Pants or no pants are optional! jk.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
206 Posts
We should meet up out at Bridgeport one weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be cool...why Bridgeport? I ask because your profile shows Wylie and wasn't sure if I was missing out on something...never been out to Bridgeport.

Just dropped the 78' off at the mechanic to have fuel pan and rear main seal replaced...once it's fixed I'll be a happy camper! Tough to take it on a long drive w/out getting a buzz from the smell of motor oil burning on a hot muffler!

Are there any spots nearby that have rookie/easy trails?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well first off, Bridgeport is not far from you and it is a fun place that has everything from beginners trails to advanced trails. You might be surprised where a stock bronco will go. Mine is all stock with 33's and there isn't much I can't do. I am getting ready to do a 4"lift just because I am tired of dragging my bumper on stuff....lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like a good time! I need to throw down new rubber on the bronco before attempting a trail...plenty of traction just a bit weathered from the sun. I need to research Bridgeport...make it into a camping/weekend thing!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the site guys. There's a lot of info around here to get your rig up to par, if it ain't already. I'd be game for a meet and greet. If y'all wanna do some camping out by Bridgeport OHV, I've got some land. We will have to do that until hunting season is over or we might have some holy rigs before we leave.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Also, check out Cross Timbers off-road on Facebook also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey fella's....does anyone have pics of the underside of their camper/shell or headliner area near the driver side?

Here is where I'm at...my dad bought the 78' from his neighbor 30yrs ago. The guy was a prof. angler and used the Bronco as his RV when pulling boats to the competitions. In an attempt to insulate, he put carpet all over the walls and on the inside roof. VERY elaborate job...layer of carpet, backer board cardboard, 2.5" of styrofoam which is then glued to the cab.

Since I've never had a bronco, I don't know what the inside SHOULD look like and as I'm removing all of this stuff, trying to determine what needs to go and what should stay.

1) Any pics of the interior roof?
2) Any suggestions on removing carpet adhesive from the kick boards and walls w/out having to re-paint right away.

This project needs to be done, 36yr old carpet is deteriorating and carrying all sorts of smells and dust...just blown away at how much work was done to insulate....HELP!

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
595 Posts
I am not sure about your 79, but my original top on my 89 was bare fiberglass. No insulation, headliner, foam, anything. I have a newer (93) top on it now, and it has a headliner. The 84 I had years ago had nothing on the top either.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Turd, I can post pics to the FB a lot easier than here. I'll try to get a pic up tonight for you. Mine is a 93, but bare like the older ones. It has a metal headliner in the cab and fiberglass in the rear.

If you're not on FB, I can try to transfer some pics from phone to tablet to get them on here for ya.

We've also been talking about a meet and greet in the DFW area here soon on DBOR. I'd like to see your rig, as that's what I really wanted when I found this 93. I just wanna see if I'm gonna keep my 93 or start hunting a decent 78-79.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's a beautiful '78 you got there. That's my favorite style of Bronco, but I've invested too much time/money into my '85 so I think I'll stick with her.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turd, I can post pics to the FB a lot easier than here. I'll try to get a pic up tonight for you. Mine is a 93, but bare like the older ones. It has a metal headliner in the cab and fiberglass in the rear.

If you're not on FB, I can try to transfer some pics from phone to tablet to get them on here for ya.

We've also been talking about a meet and greet in the DFW area here soon on DBOR. I'd like to see your rig, as that's what I really wanted when I found this 93. I just wanna see if I'm gonna keep my 93 or start hunting a decent 78-79.
Hey Duck...yes, I am on the FB...just let me know where to look!

So, I've removed all the carpet from the headliner/kick panels, etc. Looks WAY better and doesn't smell like a 36yr old truck any longer. I still have some work on the underside of the topper but after that, I have to 'clean' the old adhesive off w/out damaging the paint. A friend of mind brought 'Dealer-Sol' home from his auto dealership, BUT, still requires a lot of elbow grease to remove. That carpet adhesive is NO joke...been stuck on there for 30+ years and has no intentions of coming off anytime soon. FML. Part of me wants to just keep it on there until its time to get a paint job (if that time ever comes) and it can just be sanded off. Below is a pic of where a headliner should be. I need to find a bare headliner online ($85) and then find a way to cut out sections for the moon roof(s) before installing.

Regarding a meetup...I would be down! Would this be a first? Being in Pilot Point...I vote for somewhere in north DFW! I saw a group of classic cars all visit/meet up at Isle De Bois state park...looked like they were about to park for a little show-n-tell and BBQ.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wonder if aircraft stripper would take that off? Of course it would take the paint too, but might be easier to repaint than get that stuff off without hurting the paint. I'll try to get a few pics up tonight, I been busy as busy gets lately.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts