Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tis the season

for turkey salad sandwiches !!!!!!!!!!! I actually prefer them over hot turkey dinners I'm so wild about them. Here's my favourite turkey salad recipe and ingredients here and I'd welcome everybody elses to try too.

Turkey breast (cause I prefer dark turkey hot)
finely chopped celery
finely chopped green onions
finely chopped dill pickles
Helmans mayo (no light or calorie reduced stuff)
smidgeon of dijon mustard (not too much)

All into a bowl and add in the mayo with a fork after a shake of fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.

Favourite bread to have it on; those triangle whole wheat buns from Costco

Mmmmmmmmm good

Sixlitre

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
How about some Apple Pie Punch to go with that sammy?
2 cups apple juice or cider
(1) 12 oz can of kerns pear nectar
4 oz rum
2 oz goldschlager or peppermint schnapps

lotsa ice, no driving, 'tis the seasoon.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
the tradition in my family post TG/Christmas is turkey and mayo sandwidches with lots o texas pete

but that turkey salad sounds good

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Six,

Im gonna have to try that. I had one of my customers raise a turkey for me for Christmas. It was slaughtered wednesday, and I picked it up yesterday. Weighed 28lbs dressed. How many sandwiches is that?

-Matt

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Gawd, I love turkey salad sammiches, SIx.
But like Joe said...just good ole Turkey mayo and Texas Pete rocks too..:rockon

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MatthewC said:
Six,

Im gonna have to try that. I had one of my customers raise a turkey for me for Christmas. It was slaughtered wednesday, and I picked it up yesterday. Weighed 28lbs dressed. How many sandwiches is that?

-Matt
Matt

That's a $h#tload of sandwiches, even after a full hot dinner. Just keep the relatives away from the second breast. After the first one's gone, it's dark meat, side dishes or more eggnog, just don't let em' screw with your second breast !

28lbs of grain fed turkey !!!! Hope your oven's up for it ! I don't think I grabbed a 20 pounder this year, as we're having a ham leg with it. My buddy's wife was with me and we helped her load in a $70.00 turkey that looked to be twice the size I snapped.

Still waiting for one of my hunting buddies to take my 50 dollar bill. I've got a 50 for the first one that brings me in a wild Ontario turkey.

The American Hunters and Anglers spearheaded (and financed) the drive to restock Ontario with wild turkeys 15 years ago(damned nice of them BTW).

They did such a good job we went from zero (they were extinct in Ontario) to pre-white man numbers in 15 years.

Blaze. Joe & Stangmata

It'll have to be cooked real gently or I find just plain turkey on bread too dry, even with the artery clogging spreads. Maybe it's time to try it plain again, so stuck in my ways !

Vapourized

That's enough to get me off the wagon !!! maybe I'll try that out on some guests (who ain't driving).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts