Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what I would like to do is replace/fab my front turn signal lenses to red. Does anyone have suggestions on how I could swap from amber to red? Sounds silly and definately not legal, but on my black 79 I think it'd be kinda 'cool' to have some 'red eyes' starin at ya. If possible I'd prefer to stay away from the 'ricer' clear lenses.

:flame away:

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
:scratchhe :shrug Clear lenses with red bulbs maybe red l.e.d.s:twak :twak

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
You can't. Unless you design your own lens for up front nobody will make a red one. Like you said yourself, red lights in front are illegal.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Yeah, aside from being illegal...the only way you're gonna accomplish that is some clear lenses with red bulbs. And even that would be difficult as that whole front parking light is a whole assembly, it doesn't come apart.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
get clear ones and wrap em with colored saran wrap... this way when you get pulled over you can rip the saran wrap off and maybe not get a fix it ticket... a long timen ago my freind wrapped his 79 brown chevy station wagons lights with green saran wrap:toothless looked odd

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Ever heard that song Roxanne? "You don't have to put on the red light"

Sorry, it was the 1st thing that came to mind with the red dome interior light.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
dont think they make clear turn lenses for the front anyway for 78-79's. You could make them black though. Seen it done with that spray on tint stuff. looks kinda booty-fab to me but better than yellow.

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
840 Posts
actually LMC truck I believe just came out with the clear turn signal lenses if ya get on there site and order a new catalog you'll see them in there. I was kinda thinking the same thing but green I know lame right but to each there own

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
Don't worry, I'm 22 and I got it right away :thumbup
I kinda figured that song has been around a while...:doh0715:
i thought everyone knew it..

You prolly know what an 8 track is then to huh?:thumbup

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Ranger429 said:
You prolly know what an 8 track is then to huh?
That parts truck I got had the factory 8 track in it. I thought about putting it in Brutus and getting some 8 tracks just for the hell of it.

And thanks alot, I've got that song in my head now. Rooooxxaaaaaane.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts

Kinda like that Babe? That pic is from mid 79. Ahhh 8 tracks, Journey, Boston, Zeppelin..... Them were the days.. Fawk I am old:histerica

And thanks alot, I've got that song in my head now. Rooooxxaaaaaane.
Glad I could help.:thumbup

Your thread has officially been jacked:thumbup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts