Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place for this question. Im not too certain what goes in the noobie section (which I am) or what goes in the general tech section. Also....Someone tell me what "Flaming" or Flame Free is. Id hate to be labeled a flamer! On to the issue....

Both L and R turn signals work as in they flash when the lever is in the correct position. However, the lever DOES NOT stay in position and then release. The only way I can get it to work is by holding it into position until the turn is complete. LMC shows several different components in the Turn Signal assembly and I was unsure which I would need to get the lever to stay in place. Any and all help is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
there are clips in the steering wheel that will let the signal arm stay in the L or R position, and once your turn is complete, the clip will pull the arm back to the neutral position. this happened in my Chevelle, so Im guessing its done the same way.

No flaming means you can ask any question here without getting abused.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This part in your steering column that is bad, the clips break off as they get old. This link below is the part for a non-tilt steering wheel. There is also a complete part with all the wiring on it but it is more money. As far as I know, Napa only carries the complete harness for about $65. Try somewhere else if you want the cheaper part.
http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-49304-...&qid=1422545104&sr=8-1&keywords=ford+turn+cam
First time I have posted a link, hope it works.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eliminator! I hope that does the trick...

Speaking from inexperience...are there other parts that I should look at replacing (parts that notorious fail and are cheap to replace) while Ive got the steering column torn apart?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heeded Steve's advice after reading his posted links and went with a BWD Automotive Directional Signal Repair Kit. Was advised the $50 price was worth repairing the whole set up rather than having to "custom fit" and risk having damage to other components. Hope this goes well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts