Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the ignition actuator rod and it looks like someone has been there before. I don't have tge collar that installs over the steering shaft right between the signal switch and bearing. I was wondering how important this piece is or what it actually does. I nedled to get my truck running asap thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Also notice how the switch sits a little too forward. I can't tilt the steering wheel because the lever touches the plastic before the tilt mechanism.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...tge collar that installs over the steering shaft right between the signal switch and bearing.
Do you see it here?
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/894815
I can't tilt the steering wheel because the lever touches the plastic before the tilt mechanism.
Last time I rebuilt mine, I bent that rod (it takes a LOT of effort in a vise because it's hardened) so it's always pressed (lightly) against the blinker stalk. That makes unlocking the tilt MUCH easier.
I figured it out. I took a class at university of wrecking yard, and dismantled 3 of them. It was tge snap ring not seated right

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i got it all together but i tightened up the steering wheel nut and the door chime now goes off whenever the door opens. Even with the headlights off and key out of ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts