Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bulbs all work, they start normal with the relay clicking, then after a few cycles, they start blinking fast and no longer make the clicking sound.

Where is the relay for the turn signals located? Is there one relay for both sides, or does each side have its own relay? Its weird that both left and right turn signals are doing this, yet the hazard lights blink at the right rate.

Thanks

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
the flasher is in the fuse panel under the dash. not under the hood. there is one for the emergency flashers, and one for the regular turn signals.

i think you can figure it out from there. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts

The big silver cylinder is the turn signal fuse. There's one on the front for the turn signals, and one on the back for the emergency flashers.
They're about $3 - $5 at an autoparts store.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
shouldn't the emergency flashers be all 4 signals? it has been on every car i've owned. including my 96 F150.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
They are. If I understand it correctly, the front of the fuse box is designed to allow the flasher to differentiate from left and right, whereas the one on the back doesn't, it just does all 4 at once. The big fuse gives it the on/off/on/off of the blinker.

I also think it's a fail-safe, so even if your blinkers go out, your emergency signals still work.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
:brownbag i mis-read your post. i took it as "the emergency flasher will only flash the rear lights."

brainfart. :brownbag

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Heh, I know how that goes. I have those quite often.:toothless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts