Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my turn signals will blink fast like the bulbs are about to burn out, but when i turn on my hazards blink normally. and also my turn signals will sometimes blink fast and then slow down and then eventually stop working all together. anyone have any idea whats wrong?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have the same problem. My turn signals flash way too fast. And sometimes the flasher will stop working, but I haven't really had that problem. One thing I find curious, when I plug in a trailer they flash slower, almost at a normal speed. I tried swapping the bulbs but none of them were heavy duty, and the new ones, which also aren't heavy duty, still flash at the same speed. I did replace the flasher with a heavy duty one, but that only slowed the flash down marginally.

·
******* Romeo
1,810 Posts
I have the same problem. My turn signals flash way too fast. And sometimes the flasher will stop working, but I haven't really had that problem. One thing I find curious, when I plug in a trailer they flash slower, almost at a normal speed. I tried swapping the bulbs but none of them were heavy duty, and the new ones, which also aren't heavy duty, still flash at the same speed. I did replace the flasher with a heavy duty one, but that only slowed the flash down marginally.
Sounds like you need a standard (2-bulb or 3-bulb) flasher. The heavy-duty flashers are designed for 6+ bulbs, and will flash faster with less load. Just get one of the light blue el-cheapo flashers from the local parts store and your signals should slow down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts