Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm missing out on wheeling right now, cause the bronco decided not to run this morning. It's cold for this area, in the 30's, and it ran yesterday after I changed the oil. Went to warm it up this morning, and it ran poorly for a few second, then died. Now it just turns over. All the fuses are good, the inertia switch is good, got spark at the plug, and fuel in the rail. The pump runs normally when turning the key on. Any other ideas? I'm thinking its a sensor problem, but don't know enough about that stuff. To top it off, my manuals are at home, 30 miles away. thanks for helping, my boys are pretty bummed they dont get to go muddin'.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
codes?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Mkae sure you have fuel pressure, sounds like no fuel to me.

Could also be a TFI or stator....

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT won't throw any codes. I jumped the two connectors, but the light just stays lit. Of course its been that way since I installed the auto meter oil psi gauge.
Pulled all the plugs- all had raw gas on them. Cleaned them up, and nothing different.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
FPR?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
did you check for spark? It could be the doo hicky with all the wires coming out of it, located on the side of your dizzy, they are prone to failure. Sorry for the technical terms, I'll try to use less scientific words next time.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waltman said:
did you check for spark? It could be the doo hicky with all the wires coming out of it, located on the side of your dizzy, they are prone to failure. Sorry for the technical terms, I'll try to use less scientific words next time.
appy said:
All the fuses are good, the inertia switch is good, got spark at the plug, and fuel in the rail.
:twak

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does that have an Air Charge sensor? My dad's '95 did it all the time when it was cold out.......

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I thought I read that part in another thread about you checking for spark.
I wonder if your timing chain skipped a few teeth or something. Turn it over until the #1 cylinder is at TDC and see where the rotor is pointing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
air charge sensor, works with air temp, and adjusts fuel....thats what the 'zone :brownbag has it listed as on the computer.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as I said earlier, I pulled all the plugs, cleaned them and reinstalled w/o any change. Went to check compression, and the #1 plug was fuel soaked again. FPR? What else could cause this rich condition? If I hold the pedal to the floor it tries, but wont fire off and run on its own, but will "push" the starter up to 500rpm's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts