Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run a cam (someting with 100 degree separation) in my 351w. I have a 89 SD eec. Would the tweecer, or something like it, be able to make a cammed motor run off the SD? Or would I have to convert the MAF?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would be better off converting to MAF, then get the tweecer to tune.
Ok I just didn't want to convert the MAF if I didn't have to.

I have thought about getting the wiring harness from RJM, and a Mustang EEC from the parts store.

But how about the harness and EEC out of a 94-96 F150?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
I want to run a cam (someting with 100 degree separation) in my 351w. I have a 89 SD eec. Would the tweecer, or something like it, be able to make a cammed motor run off the SD?
No, I've seen 1 truck that was able to handle 112, but the tuner worked on that truck for months. He is no longer tuning, so you're stuck with the 114 degree separation.

If you're going to play with a tuner, you really need to go MAF, most of the Truck SD computers are poorly supported as previously mentioned. MAF truck computers have twice the tuning variables than SD computers, and Mustang MAF computers have 10X the tuning variables than truck computers. It’s always better to get a computer with the most aftermarket support. You ask for help tuning a SD computer and you’ll feel like you’re in a ghost town.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,500 Posts
you can see my thread on converting from SD to MAF http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196630, there is some clutter in the thread, but you should get the overall gist it and what's required. I personally used the entire harness from a MAF F150 and got the EEC.

There were differences with some of the wiring/connectors between the two years but nothing that I wasn't able to figure out.

x3 on what Gack and FG said the truck strategies aren't really supported that great. Tweecer does have some stuff for the VEX1 code which I'm pretty is the same as WAY1.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks guys, and I typed it wrong. I am wanting to run 110 degree separation. Something like the Ford E303 cam.

I was wanting to run a cam for low end and mid torque, and have a good sound when ideling.

If I need to go to MAF, what do you guys thing about a RJM MAF convert harness (puts MAF in SD main harness), and a Mustang computer?

How hard is it exactly? And I have an AOD so no computerized trans interference.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Ok thanks guys, and I typed it wrong. I am wanting to run 110 degree separation. Something like the Ford E303 cam.

I was wanting to run a cam for low end and mid torque, and have a good sound when ideling.

If I need to go to MAF, what do you guys thing about a RJM MAF convert harness (puts MAF in SD main harness), and a Mustang computer?

How hard is it exactly? And I have an AOD so no computerized trans interference.
The A Truck/Bronco SD to MAF layover harness will work with a Manual Mustang EEC for your rig, though you will need to change the pin-outs for the differences between the old truck EEC/harness and the new Stang computer. A Truck/bronco SD to MAF will also require that Pin-outs be changed or moved. I have not compared which way might be best or easiest.

You can find the pin-out on Ryan's site and see which way you want to go.

The easiest way would be a third option because you don't need tranny control, a MAF Stang harness and computer.

My choice is to use the RJM Injection Techs. SD to MAF harness with a tunable MAF truck computer because my rig has the A4OD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry but im gonna thread jack this topic.... only because i am lost in an engine build... 1995 w/351 windsor speed density. usng s/d comp cam, going with 170 or 185 heads(tfs-edel-afr not sure yet) edelbrock truck intake, need to know how much i can stroke it with s/d. will it work with 393 kit or will a have to go smaller..377 or stay stock stroke. i believe the cam heads and intake will work fine with s/d.... someone turn a lightbulb on for me so i know which way to go.... other then maf....:whiteflag

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,500 Posts
If you're going with that kind of build, I think you'd be much happier if you took the next step and went to MAF and bought a tuner.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
You would be better off starting your own thread then hyjacking this one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
sorry but im gonna thread jack this topic.... only because i am lost in an engine build... 1995 w/351 windsor speed density. usng s/d comp cam, going with 170 or 185 heads(tfs-edel-afr not sure yet) edelbrock truck intake, need to know how much i can stroke it with s/d. will it work with 393 kit or will a have to go smaller..377 or stay stock stroke. i believe the cam heads and intake will work fine with s/d.... someone turn a lightbulb on for me so i know which way to go.... other then maf....:whiteflag
That will not work with sd go Maf or do a stock rebuild

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts