Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me what the advantage of a twin stick case would be for a 78 Bronco before I shell out the duckets?

·
Registered
226 Posts
they are in vauable for rock crawling

i like to have the control for hills and if you loose a driveshaft or axle you can still drive

e bay from top gun customs JB 125.00

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
fwd hi and lo, rwd hi and lo, 4x4 hi and lo, n
You forgot fwd neutral and rwd neutral:toothless Twin sticking a tcase is good for wheeling on rocks and uneven ground, and muddy uphills.

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
The main advantage is if your axles are lock. It can be hard to go around tight corners you can bump the rear axle in neutral and let the front pull you around the turn.;)

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
The main advantage is if your axles are lock. It can be hard to go around tight corners you can bump the rear axle in neutral and let the front pull you around the turn.;)
this works even better with line locks.

This also works even better with a selectable rear locker and left - right cutting brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I wouldn't recommend this with stock axles, though. Digs are really hard on axle shafts and axle u-joints. The biggest advantage I found with mine during normal use was 2WD low. It was really useful for pulling stuff. With one-ton axles, front digs were invaluable on really tight trails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.