Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


its attached to ctm ujoint and yukon 4340 stub shaft.4.56 gear and minispool.36" iroks

should i even bother trying to return it?
it was bought at jbg, he said one year warrenty, i bought em march 30th 2005.

i tried callen randys since they are yukon, but there tech line suks ass.



god dammit! no more yukon for me


edit: just got thru to randys and they said theyd replace no problem, i just gotta send it thru broncograveyard,o well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,423 Posts
ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY

HELL YEA RETURN IT!!!..and call now so they have a record that you had a problem before the warranty is up..

why would you not chase the warranty...warranty means FREE

dc

btw nice job!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,475 Posts
Dang, nice work. Ya, I'd go ahead and send that sucker in under the warrenty. No sense in spending $$ if you don't have to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
I have never been a fan of the Yukon shafts (or Moser)
But they do seem to have good customer service from what your saying, so hats off to them for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh ,after reading opinions on pirate about yukon and moser's customer service , i was really doubting they would take it back

the guy at randys was very helpful, he said no problem just send it back, it had a 5 year warranty.

im taking it to jbg tomorow so they can deal with it.

i still dont think that shoulda happend with my ***** driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
A little bit of twist in the axle is normal, but I would say yours is more than normal. If you get a set of brand new axles paint a stripe down them. Then after some hard wheelin pull them and take a look at how much they twisted. I know a guy with Dana 80 axles that had 2 full turns in them when he replaced them for fear of them breaking. The spinles were still straight though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,512 Posts
A buddy of mine just did that with his Superior Gear chromoly axles. His was due to stress caused by a bent housing.

Superior replaced the axle no questions asked, and shipped it to him overnight. I was shocked.

I have Warn Chromoly inner axles, and I have never had a single problem with them. My Superior chromoly outers have already wallowed out the yoke ears, after just 6 months. Looks like I'll be sending them in, too.
 

·
Sway's jealous of my
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
Have there been serious complaints about the Yukon shafts? I have been considering the 4340 Yukon axle combo myself for after I get my SAS done, and would likely go with Yukon or Moser shafts for the 9" rear if I decide to keep it (or I might be 8-lugging over some break time, or next summer...IF I get 8-lug junk).

What specifically is bad about them. I've heard about Moser having some trouble with their tech line, but nothing about Yukon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent heard anything bad about the shafts just the customer service.

i really cant see how this one twisted,i baby it most of the time. but then there has been a few times of " wow , nothing broke after that".
 

·
Former owner of Shadofax
Joined
·
17,025 Posts
bronco23 said:
i havent heard anything bad about the shafts just the customer service.

i really cant see how this one twisted,i baby it most of the time. but then there has been a few times of " wow , nothing broke after that".

Well, something almost did.

I still think I'm going to try these, though I'm not buying them through JBG. Randy's sells direct don't they? prolly a little more money but if they don't hassle on a return, it's worth it. and if the warranty is 5 yrs, well that's half the life of my bronco in my hands, so if I have not broken one by then, doubt I ever will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,386 Posts
Shadofax said:
Well, something almost did.

I still think I'm going to try these, though I'm not buying them through JBG. Randy's sells direct don't they? prolly a little more money but if they don't hassle on a return, it's worth it. and if the warranty is 5 yrs, well that's half the life of my bronco in my hands, so if I have not broken one by then, doubt I ever will.

Chris(4wheelcustoms) gave me a great price on the ones for my 60. You might want to try there also. I should be ordering mine tomorrow or Saturday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
Saurian said:
Have there been serious complaints about the Yukon shafts? I have been considering the 4340 Yukon axle combo myself for after I get my SAS done, and would likely go with Yukon or Moser shafts for the 9" rear if I decide to keep it (or I might be 8-lugging over some break time, or next summer...IF I get 8-lug junk).

What specifically is bad about them. I've heard about Moser having some trouble with their tech line, but nothing about Yukon.
From what I have seen they aren't much stronget than the stock shafts are.
If you can swing it, the Warn shafts are probably the strongest ones you can get. I went with them on my D44 with CTM's after seeing many people break or twist the Yukon shafts just like stock shafts do. I have never seen anyone break the Warn shafts. Even one guy in the Jeep club broke a U-joint on a warn shaft and he was able just to put a new U-joint in right on the trail. Thats impossible with the Yukon shafts. If the joint breaks its taking the yokes with it...guaraunteed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
I can't believe you guys are knocking Yukon for that shaft. If he stressed it enough to twist the splines, he would have grenaded a stock shaft, that's why you buy the alloy axles. There's nothing wrong with Yukon shafts. The extreme boards are always trying to find something wrong with them and no one has. Even Pirate is giving in to the fact that Yukons hold up :shocked

I've dealt with Randy's for years and always gotten outstanding customer service. Call them back and be sure to get the name and number of the person helping you. If you get bad service, call again and ask for a supervisor. Randy's isn't the biggest differential dealer for nothing, they do great work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, i went into jbg today expectiing it to be sent out, but i made out even better......HE GAVE ME A BRAND NEW 1, right there on the spot.


right after jeff got off the phone with some guy at randys, he walked into the back and brought one up for me.aND to top that, i spent and insurance check on a detroit for the 9",no more spool yay!,.

i love having reider racing and jbg close to me :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

 

·
Former owner of Shadofax
Joined
·
17,025 Posts
Larston said:
I can't believe you guys are knocking Yukon for that shaft. If he stressed it enough to twist the splines, he would have grenaded a stock shaft, that's why you buy the alloy axles. There's nothing wrong with Yukon shafts. The extreme boards are always trying to find something wrong with them and no one has. Even Pirate is giving in to the fact that Yukons hold up :shocked

I've dealt with Randy's for years and always gotten outstanding customer service. Call them back and be sure to get the name and number of the person helping you. If you get bad service, call again and ask for a supervisor. Randy's isn't the biggest differential dealer for nothing, they do great work.
That's what I've seen too Larston. In the past I have harshed on "Yukon" stuff. But since these alloy shafts came out, I've been following posts here and on Pirate, and so far I'm not seeing a bunch of peeps breaking this stuff or complaining its weak or crap. Which is why I still feel for the difference in cost, I'm trying these and the superjoints (through Randy since he's up my way)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top