Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey crew have a question about on board air. heres the thing i have two 5.0 complete with air conditioning. now after searching with no luck i am wondering, thought a york is the best choice cash is tight and i have two stock compressors is it possble to run one as my on board air pump and keep the other as my ac pusher this set up is going to be designed to run air for sand running and probably a max tire size of 37 due to my dana 44 ttb and 8.8 out back any thoughts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think it's certainly possible, the main issue is oiling the compressor. The Yorks have a sump in them for self-oiling, which is why they're so popular for OBA. You'd have to build or get an oiler for a regular a/c compressor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dude i havent seen a york for under a hundred or 40 for rebuilt needed conditon i would love it if i could do it for 20 bucks were is your part source just called the local pick apart and they had none in the system by the way bad ass 89 so besides oiling does our stock compressors have other issues

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
dude i havent seen a york for under a hundred or 40 for rebuilt needed conditon i would love it if i could do it for 20 bucks were is your part source just called the local pick apart and they had none in the system by the way bad ass 89 so besides oiling does our stock compressors have other issues
I may be able to get you a York but shipping may kill the deal...they're heavy.

Marauder had the oiling system set up with his stock AC compressor. It worked fine for him. No other issues I believe.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
If your junkyards have 80s volvos and mercedes then they have the York that you need. Keep looking, at my pull a part, they are about $25 w/ warranty.

I also have a few spare 210Rs, but shipping them is killer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guys will check on the volvo mercedes connection also let me know on the york and see wat we can do

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have gotten all of mine off of early 80s jeep grand wagoners i have about 3 or 4 and usually grab 1 every time i got to the junkyard. i also built my bracket and pulley. I'll post pics later if I remember.
i looked at the pics on www.broncoair.com and broke the welder out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey buckin sweet signature my family is all chevy dodge and yota and my fords have towed them home time and again i've noticed chevy guys talk alot of stuff cause they're full of it :rofl: i'll check on the wagoneers thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts