Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my research on seat interchangeability lead me to some good posts and I'm terribly hesitant to question the info there but I have to ask before spending some bucks.

Steve was quoted by mieske

"...All '80-96 Bronco & '80-97 F-series seats (bench, bucket, whatever) are interchangeable. The most you'd have to do is add wiring for the lumbar pump. The floorpans are identical where the front seats go...."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at FSB

However, (there had to be an "however") these seats are available about 50 miles from where I live and I'm not sure that the double arm rests will fit my Eddie Bauer that has the arm rests built into the door cards.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=33074337&cat=&lpid=1&search=ford bronco&ad_cid=8

My EB only has seat mounted arm rests on the inside of the seat. Anybody know if the door rests will interfere with the seat arm rests?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I've never seen Ford truck seats with two arm rests nor do I see the need for the outside ones. Seems like it would be a cluster fu*k with it folded down or even with them up on a count of the seatbelts.
I highly doubt those are 80-96 Ford truck seats, I've never seen them before anyway.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seller indicates they worked in his bronco, but I just got a text that they are not OE. $225 is his current offer. Now I'm wavering.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
I have never seen those seats before but I have factory buckets with fold down arm rests on both sides. I don't have any pics of them though and the truck is 20 miles away.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,093 Posts
My first 86 Bronco had dual arm rests. They were the factory seats. I loved them. They were captain style, not the ones in the link.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good feedback. They may be a bit of a pain, but it will cost me more to have my current seats recovered. The color looks right. :duel Got some time before Friday when I said I could travel out to look at them.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Wonder why he yanked them out? They are in great shape

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
I had a set similar to those in my '89 except in cloth. They look like the same manufacturer. They were cheap and just "ok". The armrests were flimsy and the foam rolled after a year. You could probably remove the outboard armrest, but they snap into place and are not easy to remove.

I'd opt for an explorer seat if you can't find any OEMs. I do miss the armrest with the Explorer seats, but the 6 way power helps.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,660 Posts
aren't the double arm rest seats from the Ford Vans? :shrug

·
Registered
79 Posts
Saltlife, those are the exact seats I have in my 85 eddie bauer. Same color, same embroidery, same arm rests. Everything else in my bronco is factory so I'm assuming the seats are as well. I personally like the dual arm rests, I think the door side one is more comfortable to use than the actual door arm rest. They're sturdy as hell too.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
:shrugYes. They are factory EB seats.

Edit - I'm not sure now. I can't find any with the dual armrests. I found pics of the same seats in a bronco but only with a single armrest.

But I do know that my xlt has factory dual armrest seats. My dad bought the truck brand new and the seats have never been changed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll post pictures of mine when I get it back. It's currently getting a 4" lift installed. I feel like a 7 year old on December 24th. Can't wait to see it done, been losing sleep in anticipation

·
Registered
959 Posts
Isn't there a bit of egress hazard with something like that? It looks like it would be awesome for comfort, but what about in the aftermath of a collision? Assuming you have the presence of mind to raise the arm, it's probably no big thing, but I could see the potential for someone to get "trapped" on the drivers side, even if only due to their own panic. I wonder if that might be why they were phased out...

Anyhow, once again I have learned something new here on FSB. I don't think many weeks go by where I don't pick up a new tidbit.

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be going with re-upholstering my old seats. The backs are good and it's what I planned on doing before I got tempted by these and the low price. I very much appreciate the inputs from the forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts