Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I hope this aint a dumb question but it probably is. Can I get to the fuel inlet valve to 2 barrel carb through the top by taking off the air horn(I think that is correct name)? I'm only use to taking apart carbs on tractors not trucks.

I have suspected that the inlet valve is clogged with something. I made a post about it a month or so ago.

Since then I have installed a new fuel tank, electric pump, and filter(s). One before the pump and after. All new lines also. Old tank was rusty and full of trash.

Sometimes the truck will idle very low and miss after a couple minutes sometimes long the truck will run good again. I noticed that when it is in this "limp mode" if I close the choke it will run good. So I figure inlet valve or maybe idle mixture valve is clogged or maybe damaged? I have good fuel flow to carb. Carb is a remanufactured maybe close to a year old.

I did a search and couldnt really find anything about taking a 2barrel carb apart.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes, just loosen the top screws and the entire top will lift off.
Then you can access everything in the fuel bowl; float, jets, etc.
Look for debris build-up in the bottom of the bowl, especially gunk that could clog the jets, since they're located near the bottom of the bowl......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.