Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the injectors to freshen them up and noticed I have two different sets of part number injectors on my bko. 4 of the injector's part number was F2TE-A3A and has a flat botton with 4 holes and the other 4 injectors are E5TE-B1B and has a small like nozzle at the bottom..

Would that cause any problems by running two different parts?

Also,when I was removeing the filters out of the injectors, 1 of the injector I had to use a small bolt and it basically tapped threads in the filter opening. Is the injector ok to use damaged or should I pull another one the the local pull n parts?

Thanks alot guys!

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
I found 2 different ones on mine also when I tore into my truck---so I just bought a brand new set of 19 pounders from Summit for $188.00, shipped to my front porch. Much easier.....

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I was under the impression that different colors meant different psi's?.......
Not psi, but flow rate measured in lbs/hr. Fuel injector flow rates are measures of fuel mass (not volume) at 100% Duty Cycle and are generally established at the widely accepted pressure of 3 Bar (43.5 psi). This standard pressure is important in order to compare injectors.

Increasing or decreasing your fuel pressure will change your flow rating. Although many injectors are rated at 43.5 psi, some are rated at different fuel pressures such as Porsche and Chrysler who sometimes use 3.7 Bar (55 PSI). Considering this, it may be important to determine what pressure your fuel injectors are rated at in order to accurately compare the rated flow and to determine fuel pump and fuel pressure requirements.

I am currently using Accel 40 lbs/hr fuel injectors at a fuel pressure of 42.0 psi, which was designed estimating 500 hp at .50 BSFC with an 80% Duty Cycle.

Ford Fuel Injector Guide

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
I wouldn't use those older E5xx injectors. They're not deposit-resistant like the later F2xx models.

I'm also not sure why people are so obsessed with replacing the cosmetic shit like pintle caps, either. If it's able to hold an O-ring and the filter isn't full of raccoons, LEAVE IT ALONE!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I wouldn't use those older E5xx injectors. They're not deposit-resistance like the later F2xx models.

I'm also not sure why people are so obsessed with replacing the cosmetic shit like pintle caps, either. If it's able to hold an O-ring and the filter isn't full of raccoons, LEAVE IT ALONE!
:rofl:

MrInjector is a goood source for oring, filters and pintle caps if yours are split or broken or seems like it will break.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The rage behind the 4 hole injector is better atomization during its duty cycle. Other than that, yes if its working, leave it alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts