Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: I just recently changed my shocks to Ranch RS 5000's....it required 6 shocks (4 front 2 back) but I only changed the 2 back & the main 2 up front. I read recently on FSB that there was no reason to change all 4 up front. The problem now is, it shaking quite bad when reaching speeds between 60-70.....What is wrong & what do yall suggest I do???

2: There is quite a bit of hesitation when first starting out....I just recently did a tune up( spark plugs, wires, rotor, etc....) changed the fuel filter, air filter, oil, transmission fluid & filter. What would be causing this.? what should I do???

Thanks for the replies...if my sig does not state it: 1994 EB 5.8 V/8

Once again Thanks, Ben

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,077 Posts
I would not guess that the shocks would have anything to do with the shaking. But when you replaced them did you leave the back ones on the front, or the front ones. That may make a difference but I doubt it. Those who have taken them off typically leave the front shock off up front. As for your hesitation, you might want to check your IAB(idle air bypass) could be dirty or you might have a bad TPS(Throttle position sensor). If you havn't you might want to also try giving the throttle body a thorough going through. That usually helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason I was under the impression the back/Front shock was the auxilliary shock. I changed only the front/Front shock....I guess i did it ass backwards:shrug

I have yet to check the TPS or the IAB....I will try to do that this week. Can I just get someone to pull the codes for me & that will tell me if the TPS or IAB need changing???

Thanks

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,077 Posts
You can actually check the codes yourself..Go to Fireguys website, he has the how to on there. I am pretty sure you can clean your IAB. Good luck with the rest.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
if you have the additional shock why not just put it in there? :shrug

and do make sure you put the shocks in the correct sequence

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have replaced the front/Front shocks....& threw away the old shock....I have yet to repace the back/Front shocks.

I imagine it is the shocks, it did'nt vibrate/shake until after I put the new ones on. I tightened & double checked to make sure I tightened all of the bolts.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
as long as they are the right length, it doesn't matter if you're using the back front or the front front.

as for the shaking: is it steering? tires? driveline? it could be one of a hundred different things

·
Registered
169 Posts
is it possible that if you removed the wheels to replace shocks that a weight may have been knocked off of one of the wheels?

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you check and see nothing's been knocked off also check (not sure how) if perhaps a rear tire was moved to the front. used to work at a dealership and customers would ask for a tire rotation but refuse the balancing to save a few bucks. more times than not their rear wheels were not balanced correctly but since they were in the back the vibration never really translated all that much. move that same not-so-well balanced wheel up to the front axle after a rotation and you get customers screaming and hollering about how their car was fine when they brought it in but now it vibrates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts