Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know where to put this ? but here goes did ford build any 2 wheel drive broncos? I know chevy and dodge did just never seen one. I had 2 wheel ram charger

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
ive never heard of any, i didnt know chevy made one either, i knew about the ramcharger's though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah they came under the "Gay" package or" wft were you thinking its Bronco" package.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
never a stock 2wd bronco...........that I know of at least

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
nope only until they replaced it with teh gay exploder

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Bronco's were 4WD only.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Originally Posted on Wikipedia.com
The Bronco II, unlike it's larger brother the Bronco, had four wheel drive optional. (All full sized Broncos were four wheel drive.)

It is even rumored that many of them had hollow front differentials installed so that they would look like they had four wheel drive. It's possible that this was done to make the Bronco II look more appealing as an off-roading SUV or to keep their owners from having to admit that their SUV was two wheel drive in a time when SUVs were considered off-road oriented vehicles.
:shocked:histerica:lolup

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
add weight and reduce fuel mileage with no gain in capability
lmao.

I've heard that some government Broncos were 2wd. And yes, Chevy made a 2wd K5.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
I wasnt aware until the other day I was at the bone yard and saw one myself, a stock diesel K5. Not near as cool as a custom-job diesel Bronco, I might add.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't want to be flamed, but there is a bronco 2wd for sale down the road.

It's a 93 Bronco Custom (Says custom where XL or XLT would be on the fender badges), its White on gray, has a vinal floor, bench seats front and rear, no swinging tire rack, 302, 4r70w, AM/FM sterio (No tape). Guy wants $2500 for it.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
It likely isnt 2wd, and if it is, it aint factory. Thats not even the right tranny, he prolly dont know anything about it.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
I don't want to be flamed, but there is a bronco 2wd for sale down the road.

It's a 93 Bronco Custom (Says custom where XL or XLT would be on the fender badges), its White on gray, has a vinal floor, bench seats front and rear, no swinging tire rack, 302, 4r70w, AM/FM sterio (No tape). Guy wants $2500 for it.
i've heard of people converting them, using 2 Wheel drive F150 equipment.

i *think* Australians and some european countries had 2 wheel drive broncos, don't quote me on that, and i *think* we had one or two (literally one or two) instances where they were built over here, but they weren't mass produced in 2WD.

What you probably ran into is a custom job, where the guy had a 4WD, and swapped 2WD equipment in.

93's out of the Factory came with a 4WD E4OD.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts