Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a u-bolt that will work for this or am I going to have to have these made at a spring shop? Looks like I need 3 that will hug the tube and then a larger one that will fit around the casting, correct? Also, what about spring plates? I see where Lawyer reamed out a 8.8 plate for the passenger side but has anybody found an alternative to making one from scratch for the driver side? No big deal either way, but every half hour I'm not building something is a half hour closer to wheeling a 1 ton :chili:

Speaking of which... teaser pic! You saw it here first.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I bought my front 1/2"-thick spring plates and u-bolts from Lightning, might send him a PM on where they came from or who made them. And I think you could notch out the webbing on the driver's side bottom for the same size u-bolt as the other 3. that's what I plan to do and what I've seen on other rigs. Might also want to add a front crossmember to your frame horns for a bit more strength. JSM84

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Just like that. For my D44 I used a 4" u-bolt, I THINK. Maybe 3 1/2".
I got it from a local 4x4 shop. Somebody local should have the right size, you'll probably just hafta look. And I had to make my own spring plate, cause of the 2 different sized u-bolts on that side.

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Looks like Ruff Stuff has some nice ones. Will measure tomorrow and see how big the one on the casting needs to be. I have some c-channel so I can make a spring plate with a shock mount on it, no big deal.

JSM84.. it's a teaser... just tacked to the frame right now. Will have a xmember for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts