Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is the third time i have taken out the rear u-joint in the rear driveshaft. Getting a little tired of limping home in front wheel drive mode. My angles aren't bad i am only running 4 suspension lift and 36x12.50 tires. my axle is pointed directly at the transfer case. I do have a lot of axle wrap and intend to make a couple ladder bars in the next couple days. Any ideas here? I need to get this fixed. thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
put a cardan joint in, do you have rear blocks??? if so deposit them into the nearest trash recepticle, is the front leaf spring retaining clamp on??? the front clamp controls most of the axlewrap, rear does some but not much, so if missing or only have a few, make sure they are up front and working properly, also make sure you are keeping your joint greased and greased often, other than that try not to beat on it to hard i guess, im sure there are other variables but these are the ones that come to mind

oh yeah, make sure you are getting the most HC u joint available, would be well worth the money up front

1 - 2 of 2 Posts