Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I thought it was a great card. I was very upset when Chuck was knocked out but hey all it takes is one punch, however he did dominate that round and the fact he broke Rich's arm is gangster. I hate to see him leave MMA for good with a loss and he is in great shape so I think a rematch would be a good showing.
Dissapointing but Still a good fight

I love Mirko CroCop and when I heard he was fighting another great kickboxer like Pat Barry I was too damn excited. He was knocked down twice early in the first round and though I held my breath both times it wasn't for long since he popped back up. Mirko showed good diversity in kicks too with the side kicks and a nicely place overhead front kick going from 12 to 6 and landing right in the chest. However if you told me the fight was going to end with a choke I would have laughed. Both men wery very sportsman like and touched gloves often and even hugged in one round when Barry was beaming with excitement and landed a good shot, he was fighting one of his idols and most famous Kickboxers in UFC Great Fight

Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel? Well I really didn't like Ben's UFC debut being that he was dominated but figured he would either step up his game or quit fighting and here he was so I figured he would come out with a new game plan. He looked like Lesnar putting Yvel on the cage like that then pulling out the legs to set up some Ground and Pound and I really liked the flexibility he showed by using Crucifixes and Americanas and a Kimora attempt, even some attempted chokes. Gilbert took the punishment though and even had Ben on his back getiing Ground and Pounded to the point I almost thought there was going to be a stoppage. That GNP session was possible thanks to a Americana used to set up a sweep so he could get to his feet, first I've seen that. In the End Ben Pushed the pace and controled the Ring and kept Yvel on the ground or against the cage. Good fight and not what I expected

Rory McDonald Showed great chops in his fight against Carlos Condit and was very humble when asked about his loss. It was a good fight with alot of swinging and Carlos was able to pull off the win but Rory is going to be a great future star in UFC, Humble, Talented, dedicated.

All the other fights were great but these were my favorites.

GO LESNAR UFC 116 FIRST ROUND WIN VIA GROUND AND POUND

·
Registered
117 Posts
No way, I think Carwin will knock him out in the first round.
Gosh I hope you are right, but then again I kinda figured that Lesnar would cover up that penis tattoo on his chest before starting in MMA, go figure...

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
First of all lesnar will decimate all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a hard time choosing fight of the night but I think the Condit fight took it, Get your ass kicked for 2 rounds then comeback and show the young'n whats up, that was awesome. The Cro Cop fight was insane too, I thought he was going down after that second knockdown. That whole card was just a great fight card.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
If Lesnar survives the 1st round against Carwin, I'll be surprised. Lesnar is talented, no doubt and fast. Carwins punching power and aggression is tough for fighters to contend with. His record says it all.

Carwin by KO round 1.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
If Lesnar survives the 1st round against Carwin, I'll be surprised. Lesnar is talented, no doubt and fast. Carwins punching power and aggression is tough for fighters to contend with. His record says it all.

Carwin by KO round 1.
Damn right. Carwin FTW. He's a great fighter, and his record displays that.

I was pretty bummed Chuck lost.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I also think Carwin is going to beat Lesner. After Randy bloodied Lesner up, Lesner looked like a lost pup out there till he got lucky with a behind-the-ear shot. Randy has NOTHING on Carwins strikes.

I for one am happy that Franklin won. Being from the west side of Cincinnati, we have to root for our own, and whoever lost that fight probably wasn't going to be coming back.

Bossind, how did seeing the fights live compare to on T.V.? And how much were the tickets?

And Arianny is smoking hot!

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
Nice pics Bossind looks like you was pretty close. I was very disappointed in the Liddell fight only cause he is one of my favorite fighters. Although in the back of my mind I was thinking it could happen again. I wish the turn out would have been different, but it wont anymore until Chuck learns to protect his chin more. Can't wait to see Carwin beat Lesnar though, that will be a hell of a fight. I hated Lesnar when he was in wrestling, and I hate him even more now. Two UFC fights under his belt 1 loss and 1 win and he gets a freaking title fight. While these other guys have to work their asses off to get one shot at it.

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
Nice pics Bossind looks like you was pretty close. I was very disappointed in the Liddell fight only cause he is one of my favorite fighters. Although in the back of my mind I was thinking it could happen again. I wish the turn out would have been different, but it wont anymore until Chuck learns to protect his chin more. Can't wait to see Carwin beat Lesnar though, that will be a hell of a fight. I hated Lesnar when he was in wrestling, and I hate him even more now. Two UFC fights under his belt 1 loss and 1 win and he gets a freaking title fight. While these other guys have to work their asses off to get one shot at it.
You do realize that Carwins first UFC fight was a title shot right? He holds the intermittent Heavyweight title as of now. :twak

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Great fighting out of 115. The Cro Cop fight was great, 1st round was kinda weak, but the other 2 were amazing fighting.

As far as the Liddell/Franklin fight, Franklin got a lucky punch in on Liddell to knock him out. Had Liddell hit higher, he would have knocked Franklin out or at least managed to avoid the KO.

It was well worth watching.

Can't wait for the Lesnar/Carwin fight... CARWIN FOR THE WIN!!!! Not only is Carwin a badass, gotta support my locals here too!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
First of all.......... Lesnar sucks huge donkey balls and, with out question, is going to get his ass knocked out!!!! I hope that Carwin hits him so hard that Lesnar can never walk again! :goodfinge :enforce

Carwin is BY FAR!!!!!!! the superior mixed martial artist. He trains in a far superior gym, has much greater talent and skill, and simply put he a much better fighter than what Lesnar could even wish he was! :goodfinge

But as far as 115 goes.......

About Chuck..... I'm very disapointed that Chuck lost. He deffinitly was winning the round, he just got overly exceited and came after Rich way to agressivly in that last exchange when he got knocked out. I think Chuck saw the pain in Rich's eyes from the broken arm, and Chuck thought that the pain he was seeing was from rocking Rich, but it wasnt...

Hopefully Dana will at least give Chuck one more fight, so that Chuck can whoop Tito's ass, then that will be a good time for Chuck to retire.... Chuck really needed this fight to be against Tito, so that Chuck could have whooped Tito's ass, then had more time to train, and to get rid of his ring rust before he fought someone else. But it is what it is.

About CroCop......
That fight was fawking awesome!!! I love Crocop, he's so funny! That little bit that he did after the fight was hilarious! It reminded me of good ol' Pride days!

Just FYI people.....
Submission of the night went to Crocop
K/O of the night went to Rich
Fight of the night went to Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald (which was an awesome fight!! MacDonald is deffinitly going to go places in the UFC)

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
MacDonald is deffinitly going to go places in the UFC
Being only 20 y.o. He has long career ahead of him, training with GSP dont hurt either :toothless

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
A quote from Dana White,

UFC president Dana White guaranteed that Chuck Liddell would never fight again in the UFC following his first-round loss to Rich Franklin.
It wound be nice to see Chuck fight again but i don't think its going to happen. His iron chin has turned into a glass jaw and it would just be sad to see him knockout cold again.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think A rematch would Be good still, Chuck was leading the fight and got caught but not with a weak punch like the haters are saying, Rich was hunkered back with his right arm cocked and threw his whole body into that punch, his arm was broken and he needed to land a big one. Not taking anything Away From Rich, he Broke his arm and stayed in long enough to land a KO that's heart but if Chuck would have punched a bit higher than the KO would not have Happened.

I Love Carwin as a Fighter but I'm sorry Lesnar is Bigger, Stronger, and Faster than Carwin. That and He's not stupid enough to walk right up to Carwin and trade blows, He'll use his Strikes to set up a takedown and Use his superior Wrestling skills to Ground and Pound. Yes Carwin is an Established wrestler but Brocks skills are better, sorry. Oh and what if it goes out of the first? How is Carwin gonna Hold up? Brock is the strongest man he will have fought so far and Carwin won't like the feeling of a Hand that powerful.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
My bad :doh0715: i thought He was another strikeforce/Pride/WEC transplant. Regardless he still was just handed a title shot when he resigned with the UFC :popc1:

BTW Condit is the man for takin out the cannuk in his hometown :toothless :usa
The intermittent title was/is a bs title they came up with until Lesnar was able to fight again, cause at that time he was unable to continue fighting. Which made me happy. If goes longer than 1 round Carwins chances of a win are that much better. Lesnar will do what he does best, get him on the ground and put all his weight on him. That will make him tired as it always does. He will be lucky to make it through the whole 2nd round. Not saying he isn't a good fighter, just more that I can't stand him or the giant cock he has tattooed in the middle of his chest.

As for Liddell not coming back, we'll have to see. Dana White told him before his last knock out that he wouldn't fight anymore if he didn't start training more, and hanging out in bars less. He did that, faught again, and got knocked out again. Again that was the last time you would see him in the octagon. After Dancing With The Stars, he got another chance. Again same out come. Will this definately be his last, I sure hope not. But if he comes out fighting the same old Chuck fight then he should stay gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts