Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is here and im trying to fix my A/C...

My first problem was i was missing the high side hose off the compressor. $70 later, im back in business. I try to charge the A/C, and come to find out, my A/C compressor isnt cutting on. Had to ghetto a wire system to the compressor to the battery just to charge it. I buy 3 cans of R134A at $8 each, fill her up, and yaaa!! i get cold A/C! Shut off the engine and i hear a hissing. I have a pin hole in the high side hose. So now i need a new high side hose. Looks like more window rolling down. :banghead.

Not a big rant, but absolutely ticked me off. Rant over.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
AC is great when it works, but it starts to be a real pain in the ass when there is leaks. It leaked out on my f150 and I just charged it back up and it only lasted a week. I said **** it after that.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Quick way to find out if your AC will hold a charge is to pull a vacum on it...and see if it holds steady. If so chances are it'll hold refrigerent...

KC

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
that sucks, but thank god your not out here in AZ it's been 110 out here past few days:thumbup

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,078 Posts
Quick way to find out if your AC will hold a charge is to pull a vacum on it...and see if it holds steady. If so chances are it'll hold refrigerent...

KC
:stupid
And you ought to vacuum it anyway to remove any moisture before charging it. The tiniest amount of moisture can cause it to not work.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
no u cant use the shop vac for it
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but when you pull a vacume on an AC system, it will pull the moisture out of the AC system. Water boils in a vacume, therefore if you do this on an AC system, the moisture turns to vapor/steam and is removed from the AC lines/pump accumulator etc...

KC

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Yup. Pull it down to 30" of vacuum and watch the gauge for about 1 hour. If the needle moves at all, you have a leak. If not, then the vacuum will pull the refrigerant into the system. Problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts