Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs:

79, 400, C6, 203 , 37" MTR's, Sky Shackle Hangers, Stock JC Whitney Springs, BDS 4" Front Coils, Cage Arms and significant cutting

Working on:

Front D-shaft, new shackles, knuckle under, new steering components, cage, fuel cell, a bit more cutting, rear bumper (BMC style), front winch mount and winch, move the rear hanger a bit forward, fully weld the Cage rear mounts and paint, shocks and fix whatever breaks. I'm also going to lose the top and tailgate once the cage and fuel cell are done.

Ultimately

Doubler w/205, pick up a 10.25 or a 14 bolt, front D60 and put it in this truck and move all the front end components over to my 92 (if somebody doesn't fawking buy it..damnnit.) http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25552

Some Pics........

Last Winter

Today

:beer

·
Registered
470 Posts
looks great :thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,658 Posts
[chico] Lookeeeeen Goooood! [/chico]

·
Registered
4 Posts
looking good. gotta love the primer grey.

·
Mr. Asks Alot
1,775 Posts
looks good and that thing as ugly as shit before you got to it :toothless

·
Project Re-Build & Finish
1,012 Posts
Those Cage arms look alot better then the ones sitting in my shop. :brownbag

If I knew you were into that kinda work rebuilding Broncos I could have given you what was left of this.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those pics make that body look 200% better than it does in person. It's not getting anymore paint than what it has unless we rattle can it. It is quite a bit rougher than it looks since all I did for the body prep was sand all the rust spots and coat with that black crap that retards rust. Cut out everything that was on the fenders. Then I had our body shop paint man shoot the primer. All I can say is air sanders rock! Paint and rust disappear with those things.

Most of the tough work was getting the rusted bolts loose or cut off and getting the axles shafts loose to clean out the axle tubes. This thing must have sat in mud for a while.

I can say that with 37's I can turn lock to lock and not rub those Cage arms. The arms are worth more than the rest of the truck.

·
Had a mullet in HS
1,084 Posts
Can I ask a stupid question?

Whats this setup?

Is this the F 250 reverse mount I hear about? or is it something else?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Thats the sky shackle hanger. Uses original bolt holes and gives you 4-5 (I think) inches of lift. Try a search I know theres tons of threads on them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts