Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im hearing this clicking sound under my truck, near the front. its a 94, just put a skyjacker 6" suspension on myself (that may be whats wrong :thumbup ) it seems to be near the front, like the front driveshaft is spinning but its no in 4x4 ? :shrug its not just a light click its deep sounding, def under the truck no in the engine. any help would be nice :thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Could be your brake pads

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
zip ties?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive got manual hubs, thing is when i replaced the brakes about a month ago, i greased the internals...(cus im noob) and now i am told ur not supposed to. could that be the problem?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
What is probably happening is you have a warped rotor and every time your rotor turns it first graps your pad, picks it up, and drops it. As you drive faster the clicking will speed up. You could buy some spring clips that fit on the end of your pad and push it up against the caliper, preventing it from being picked up and dropped...Or you could just turn up your stereo.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
id go with walt- probably the brakes.
either have the rotors checked and milled down/replaced... or just turn up the stereo...
ace

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my rotors shouldnt be messed up...at least they better not be, i jsut bought new pads and rotors...lol but if that is the case how can i tell? and is it a big issue or what? thanks alot for the responses, lol

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Jack up the tire with the noise and turn the wheel. If the rotor is warped you'll hear the pad drop after it got picked up. Then you just have to decide whether you want to put the clip in there or play with the stereo.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
whenever i get a clicking noise- i just get under the truck and move sh*t around until i find somethign that makes that noise... then i deal with it as i see fit... usually by means of zipties and the volume button on the stereo.
if its not the brakes- check around the tire/axle- you might have something hanging down that is hitting something else...
its vague- but its the best suggestion i could come up with...
ace

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Your SURE its coming from the front? Sounds like a U-joint to me. But like just stated above, get under it and start shaking..Check for spun joint caps..Jack up wheels and spin them by hand...yada yada...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts