Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyone's opinion on building up an efi 302?
what parts and not just slapping on a blower. I am just looking at ways to build up my 302 and don't really no jack. The only thing I have do to it is k&n filter and dual exhaust(and no I am not getting rid of the duals) Headers are in the future I am planing on getting the edelbrocks. All good info will be apreacted

Jason

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
What Crazed just did with his 351 is about as performance as you can get with a 302 and stock Truck computer.

If you want to get any hotter than that it won't pull off the stop light very well. Mods beyond Crazeds will push the power band up, sounds cool, but not ideal for a big truck.

You can do even more peroformance with a 351 or 460 and not ruin the pull from the stop.

HOW MUCH $$$$ YOU GOT?

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fireguy50 said:

HOW MUCH $$$$ YOU GOT?
well seeing I am 19 still live at home and do not have a g/f to suck money from me I am doing pretty good:thumbup Anyway I am just tossing around idea's right now and see what I want to do in the future.

Anyway what do you have in mind fireguy???

ohh yeah I don't really want to get rid of the 302 because it only has about 12,000 miles on the engine.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
GT40P heads (used) $400
Comp Cams (31-255-5) $155
Edelbrock Truck intake (3841) $525
MAC equal length shorty headers (93588695) $220

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and what kinda power gains could I get out of this?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
25 ft/lbs
35 HP
at the wheels, but that's a guess

And the power curve will be flatter, which means more power at lower RPM and higher RPM. That is the bigest difference, not just the peak improvment

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
agree with Fireguy

except for the Mac headers... I would rather be shot then buy them again!

I think J-a ???? has JBAs on his P heads

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice:D any other suggestions or tips you might have??

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fireguy50 said:
Yeah get the $1400 you'll need to do this :twak
give me a chance ole wise one.
Let me get the body work, lift, gears, and other little things done ok:thumbup

K

·
0 Posts
hey fireguy, do you have a cam?

i was wanting to get one, but would like to know more about them before spending the cash...

got any thoughts :shrug

K

·
0 Posts
it was a joke you stupidass :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak

but thanks anyways for spending the time to be a poopoo head :goodfinge

·
Registered
769 Posts
damn he post somthing about building a "EFI" 302 and gets alot of attention i post a thread about building a carborated 302 and i get barly and thing.....damn you efi guys!!

K

·
0 Posts
BucKinBroNcO said:
damn he post somthing about building a "EFI" 302 and gets alot of attention i post a thread about building a carborated 302 and i get barly and thing.....damn you efi guys!!
"special" people are treated poorly in this country - its a damn shame :shrug

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Here are the highlights of my rebuild:

Ford Motorsports MAS (Mass Air Sensor) conversion, Competition Cam 280H Magnum Roller Camshaft, Forged Pistons, Heads Ported and Polished, Intake "cleaned", Custom Ground Push Rods, New Injectors, MSD-6 Off-Road Ignition Module, Full Length Hooker Headers, Custom Y-Pipe and Exhaust, New Catco Catalytic Converter and Flow Master Muffler (2.5” pipe).

Don't have any dnyo numbers but this motor rips. Could get more HP if I replaced the heads and intake but would have lost torque so I didn't go that route. This was a complete tear down and rebuild.

This motor has no problems moving this Bronco with 37's and 4.10's.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I'll throw my CDN $.02 in here.....

I have the first generation EFI 302 ('85-'86), it is bored .030 with an RV cam. Y-pipe back exhaust, and the typicall MSD wires and coil, and K&N filter. IMO, don't waste your time on this engine. My work made it a tad better than stock, but nothing to write home about. If I were to do it again, a 351 would be dropped in, maybe even a 460.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
What cam do you have Chris?
0.030 over is a problem, I don't recomend displacment changes on stock computers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts